Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Has a Masters Degree?
Unregistered 09:05 PM 11-12-2016
I'm looking into getting my M. Ed

Where is yours through? I need something fully (or almost fully) online. I also want something that is worth the money and has a good reputation. I'm scared to end up with a useless degree from a scammey school.
spedmommy4 08:55 AM 11-13-2016
I earned a master's in early childhood special education from Portland State University. The program was classroom based when I went through it; however, it is an online now. I have heard a number of their programs are online now.
Chaqeets21 09:46 AM 11-13-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm looking into getting my M. Ed

Where is yours through? I need something fully (or almost fully) online. I also want something that is worth the money and has a good reputation. I'm scared to end up with a useless degree from a scammey school.
Hello,

Where is your location? If you would like an online program check out Grand Canyon University. They will help set up everything, even if financial aide is needed as well for your Masters.

Usually, well, depending on location, undergraduate degree and credits... a Masters in Education would take about 13 months to complete at GCU online. Its been a few years, but I believe program is 10 courses with 2 extra courses of 8 week sessions for student teaching.

Check them out and give them a call. Once you contact them and they direct you to a counselor from School of Education department, they will walk you through every step.

New classes start every Thursday 12:00 am to Wednesday 11:59p. Each class is 8 weeks long with mandatory online participation 2 days out of week. I believe its a total of 48 credit hours all together. It is a great University program thats main focus is to help people achieve their educational goals while also working full time.

Just make sure to check out their website and see if the program you are looking for... if you have a teaching degree already or not too factors in. GCU also has Master of Ed programs with initial teaching certifcations built into the program. Pretty sweet, right?

Would love to hear your success story on how it goes...

Best of Luck,

MS
CityGarden 08:32 AM 11-14-2016
I believe Pacific Oaks College has an online option and at least locally they are well respected in the field of education.
midaycare 05:51 AM 11-15-2016
Grand Valley State University. I believe most universities have online options now.
LittleScholars 10:12 AM 11-15-2016
I'm a few classes away from getting mine at University at Albany (New York). I honestly don't love it, but I'm an in-state resident so the tuition is reasonable and I never have to take time off. Some of the online options around here still require some sort of in-person component, such as tutoring in a school setting.

I got my BA from Boston University and loved that, but it is expensive (back then I qualified for financial aid). I've heard people really like the Masters in Education Curriculum and Teaching program online.
Reply Up