Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infants Infants Every Where!!!
Nickel 08:33 PM 08-28-2012
Soooo....

I can have 4 children basically since my youngest is 2 almost 3. On Mon and Wed I have an 8mnth old screamer all day and an 11 mnth old till 2. In Sept I have a 3 mnth old starting 3 days a week drop off after 2pm on a rotating schedule.

I had someone contact me with 2 kids ages 3 and 4 and I couldn't take them, although they would have been awesome for my daughter But I have the 2 infants sometimes 3 and they were full time. I should have bumped my screamer but my husband told me that wasn't right, so now I'm kicking myself because all I have is infants.

Anyway, I had an interview yesterday for a 2mnth old on Tues and Thursdays. (no call back yet, but you never know) then today I had an interview for another 2 mnth old starting end of Septn full time. WOW!

So if the ft 2mnth old starts when she's 3 mnths old. Mondays could look something like this:

8mnth old scream 7:30-5
11mnth old 8:30-2
3mnth old 8-5
2mnth old 1-7
3 year old dd

And Tuesdays would be
3 mnth old 8-5
2 mnth old 9-2
2 mnth old 1-7
3 year old dd

I think that's a little much don't you think? I'm legally unlicensed so I have no limit on how many little ones I can have. But that seems like a lot a lot. I was considering dropping the screamer and taking the full time, but then Tuesdays would be crazy!!! I initially starting hoping to do a preschool program but I can't complete with the mother's day out, headstarts, and prek programs here. So I'm stuck with infants. And my poor dd has no one to play with. I'm almost tempted to enroll her in a mother's day out program so she can have some social interaction! But then I would feel guilty for not having her home with me!!! grrrrr....

But right now with my 3 part timers I'm making just over $100/wk. Which is a lot considering my screamer is here for 10 hours during the day.

Is anyone else only getting calls for infants? WOW! What do you do???
spud912 11:09 PM 08-28-2012
Wow, I personally would not take more than 2 infants at one time and try to avoid more than 2 age groups in total (age groups for me are split into infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school aged). I do get a lot of phone calls for infants. I ask if they would like to be added to the waiting list and keep looking for a more appropriate age group. You will find a good candidate eventually. If you could afford waiting a bit longer, I would wait for a good fit. I would also term the screamer if he/she hasn't adjusted and improved within 2/3 weeks.
Breezy 11:54 PM 08-28-2012
I have taken more than two infants in the past but my thought is this: in the event where I need to evacuate my home immediately would I be able to get everyone out at the same time safely? If not, I don't think I could take more than 2 infants at a time.
Nickel 07:29 AM 08-29-2012
I think i am going to term the screamer. Today. Hes here part time only two days a werk and today was worse than monday. And now hed be gone until next wed so it would start all over again.

I do have plans on getting an evacuation crib. Basicallu a porta crib that has wheeland can fit through the doors. Then in an emergrncy i can put the babies in there and my daughter can walk. But i am going to term the.8mnth old and ive heard nothing back on the other 2mnth olds
Reply Up