Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love My Job
rjskids 05:00 PM 08-22-2011
Today was one of those days that I was loving being at home and doing daycare! After the center I used to work for shut down I had to find a different job that carried health insurance...quickly! So I went into retail. I was anxious and excited to learn something new that didn't require dealing with poop! haha! Well, I soon learned that retail just isn't as satisfying! Plus I spent a year working crazy retail hours and only getting one weekend off a month. My family paid the price I wasn't as involved in my daughters school, my weekend time with her was a bust and I missed out on a lot of outside time.

Today I was just loving that I don't have to stare out a window and WISH I was outside but I can say to the kids LETS GO OUTSIDE! I love that I get to watch my daughter get on AND off the bus this year and that I get to see her smiling face everyday she walks in the door (opposed to calling her on the phone from work to hear how her day went before I tell her goodnight and I'll see ya in the morning). I love that I get to watch EVERY little piece of development my son goes thru as he grows each month, instead of someone else telling me, "oh he clapped today!" And that I get to give him a hug after every nap and plus hugs from 4 other little ones!

I know I need to take in the moment and remember this on those days it gets crazy and frustrating. I need to always remember where my family was at last year compared to this year! I love doing in home daycare! Even if it is added work, longer days and time consuming. But oddly I am spending more time with my family than I was working 40 hours in a store!
godiva83 05:11 PM 08-22-2011
I needed to read this post today thanks but everything into perspective!
I had a very monstrous Monday and forgot why I decides to do HDC-- all day I wish I was sitting back in my windowless office at the daycare I used to work for- what was I thinking
rjskids 03:49 AM 08-23-2011
Hmm, it's pouring rain here...and I don't have to walk in it. Another reason why I love being home! haha! Really gonna love this winter when I can stay snuggly in my own home and be home when school's get closed.

I think I could go on and on...
morgan24 05:02 AM 08-23-2011
I did retail for 10 years before I started daycare and I agree with you. I'll take a house full of cranky kids over one cranky customer, all the petty bickering between the other employees and the odd hours. I think that is what has kept me doing daycare for 17 years is I don't want to have to ever go back to retail.
DCMom 05:26 AM 08-23-2011
Originally Posted by morgan24:
I'll take a house full of cranky kids over one cranky customer, all the petty bickering between the other employees
Exactly why I started a daycare 22 years ago
Tags:love daycare, positive
Reply Up