Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Was DCM's Pawn!!
Mary Poppins 01:43 PM 01-12-2012
So I recently termed a dcm (not the dcb - he was great!) because she was SO RUDE on every single level:

Consistently late, didn't listen to a thing I told her, ignored my policies even after repeated warnings, tried to drop dcb off with a black eye and bruises without an explanation (I forced one out of her and then grilled him to see if their stories matched - they did). Sat on the phone in my driveway for 15 minutes after showing up 1.5 hours late without a call, lied to me that her phone was "broken" earlier THAT SAME DAY (when I tried to call to find out where she was), called me a LIAR (that was the final straw).

I could go on.. and on..

It only lasted a month and I told her to hit the road.

Turns out, her mom has a dc a couple of towns over and she had been sending dcb to her mom for free. Her dh works 3 towns (1 hr commute each way) away and had to add an extra 1.5 hrs to his already long day to drop off/pick dcb up so that she could have "me time". She works from home pt and dh was the one who insisted she find dc closer to home so she could drop-off and pick-up and so dcb could spend time with mommy.

Looking back, I'm convinced she WANTED me to term so they could go back to the original arrangement with her mom. Honestly, it was as if she was TRYING to p*ss me off at every turn. It worked lol.

Anyone else ever feel like a pawn in a sick, selfish game??
sharlan 02:19 PM 01-12-2012
So far, I've never been used like that.
kidkair 02:56 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
So I recently termed a dcm (not the dcb - he was great!)
I love this! There are just a few parents I would have liked to term and kept their kid coming. Maybe saying something like: Sorry you are no longer allowed to drop off nor pick up your child. You are banned from my property however if you find someone else to fill your spot your child may continue to come.

I've never been treated that unfairly though. I'm sure she wouldn't have lasted a month here.
Mary Poppins 03:31 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I love this! There are just a few parents I would have liked to term and kept their kid coming. Maybe saying something like: Sorry you are no longer allowed to drop off nor pick up your child. You are banned from my property however if you find someone else to fill your spot your child may continue to come.

I should add to my contract:

"Do you have an alternate drop-off/pick-up person who isn't as big of a PITA I can deal with in case you turn into one and I fall in love with your adorable child?"

I do miss that little cowboy, really I do. Which is why I put up with it so long haha.
jessrlee 03:35 AM 01-13-2012

I have had this happen. In my situation mom told gma that we were being mean to the kids. Luckily I had moms term letter stating that she was thrilled with care and she had found " other arrangements". Gma was TICKED!
Mary Poppins 07:30 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:

I have had this happen. In my situation mom told gma that we were being mean to the kids. Luckily I had moms term letter stating that she was thrilled with care and she had found " other arrangements". Gma was TICKED!
Ugh.

I, too, received the nicest letter afterward saying how much she appreciated the care blah blah blah. Funny, she didn't appreciate it before I termed lol and did everything she could to annoy me. I found out through the grapevine that dcb is back at g'mas dc and dcm is happy to have her "me time" again.

All I can think is what a peach she must be to live with.
cheerfuldom 05:06 PM 01-13-2012
I have had a few interviews where I could tell right away that the parents did not want the child in daycare and would self-sabotage the situation and I did not even accept them into care.
Mary Poppins 12:58 PM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I have had a few interviews where I could tell right away that the parents did not want the child in daycare and would self-sabotage the situation and I did not even accept them into care.
Looking back, there were a couple of things during the interview that I can say would have been red flags if I'd have known what to look for. It was my first experience being in between a husband and wife like this and they hid it quite well but as time went on things were said that led me to wonder if I was crazy or if this woman just really didn't want to be the one to bring her ds to daycare. Then a friend of mine who knows them confirmed my suspicions.

I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and hopefully will know how to spot those hidden red flags better next time (hopefully there won't BE a next time!).
Tags:manipulated
Reply Up