Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Non-Listener
mema 03:59 PM 07-21-2014
What do you do? I have a chronic non-listener. I have tried time outs, losing privileges, and being my shadow. He just doesn't care. No matter what it is that you ask, he either does the opposite, does nothing at all, or throws a tantrum. Help!! I am giving him the rest of this week and then am done with it.
Indoorvoice 04:37 PM 07-21-2014
Have you tried a reward chart? Praising him for something (anything!) that he did good that day? My non-listener eats that right up and straightens up. He really likes certificates and I give them out randomly during the week when he does well. Sometimes I give them and sometimes I don't so he is always trying to be good to see if that will earn him something.
daycare 06:38 PM 07-21-2014
how old is the child?
mema 07:23 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by altandra:
Have you tried a reward chart? Praising him for something (anything!) that he did good that day? My non-listener eats that right up and straightens up. He really likes certificates and I give them out randomly during the week when he does well. Sometimes I give them and sometimes I don't so he is always trying to be good to see if that will earn him something.
I haven't done a chart or certificates, but praising good things, yes and he doesn't care. He will turn around and do the next thing naughty.
Originally Posted by daycare:
how old is the child?
Reply Up