Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rudeness and disrespect
Josiegirl 10:20 AM 08-04-2014
It's gonna get you a time out every time. If you swear, mock me, hit me with a pillow cause you're mad at me, plug your ears and walk away while I'm talking to you, you can bet your sweet bippy you'll get to sit in a chair. And if you argue with me or kick the chair, the gate, the walls, you will gain an extra minute every single time. What are they not understanding????
Heidi 10:56 AM 08-04-2014
Wow...sounds like fun!

How old is the little snowflake?
NightOwl 01:04 PM 08-04-2014
bippy....
dave4him 06:57 AM 08-05-2014
At first I thought you were talking about an adult... I was like woah....
Josiegirl 10:11 AM 08-05-2014
Both the special snowflakes from yesterday are 6 yo. The little girl has always been wonderful but I've noticed over the past year, she's 'coming into her own'. The dcb, on the other hand, has always been a challenge. I set him in TO, after a minute or so he said he had to go to the bathroom so I said ok and come right back. He only went to get his 'blanket'. Yes, most days he still brings his blanket when he's here. So I took his blanket away and he yells at me 'FINE Take the friggin blanket!'. I told him he just earned himself more time in the chair.

Yeh, it was a fun day yesterday. But at least today is going better(and it's closer to Friday!!)

I just don't understand what happened to manners and respect? Holy Moly, if I had talked to adults like some(most!) of these kids do when I was a kid....
Blackcat31 10:44 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Both the special snowflakes from yesterday are 6 yo. The little girl has always been wonderful but I've noticed over the past year, she's 'coming into her own'. The dcb, on the other hand, has always been a challenge. I set him in TO, after a minute or so he said he had to go to the bathroom so I said ok and come right back. He only went to get his 'blanket'. Yes, most days he still brings his blanket when he's here. So I took his blanket away and he yells at me 'FINE Take the friggin blanket!'. I told him he just earned himself more time in the chair.

Yeh, it was a fun day yesterday. But at least today is going better(and it's closer to Friday!!)

I just don't understand what happened to manners and respect? Holy Moly, if I had talked to adults like some(most!) of these kids do when I was a kid....
Rudeness and/or disrespect is pretty over the top behavior but the second a child swore at me (and yes, I consider friggin' a swear word when coming from a child) I would call the parent for IMMEDIATE pick up.

I don't care if the family paid me 5x my daily rate. I just couldn't tolerate a child using that kind of language towards the adult in charge. So disrespectful.

I'm sorry Josiegirl that you are dealing with such challenging kids.
Josiegirl 04:12 PM 08-05-2014
I think the thing that irritates me the most is when kids stick their fingers in their ears, turn around and walk away. Course it all does. But that one burns my biscuits more than most. I keep saying school will be starting soon, school will be starting soon....and thankfully most of these summer kids will not be after school kids coming here.
My little 2 yo dcg is the sweetest most adorable little girl you'd ever want to have in your dc, so I just concentrate on how good she is to get me through the day.
Janiam 06:01 PM 08-05-2014
My DH and I still laugh about the little guy that once said "what is that noise in my ear" when I was talking to him. That would be me walking you to T/O. He didn't get to stay with us very long.
DaveA 06:18 PM 08-05-2014
Oh the parents and I would be having a long and unpleasant talk. One that includes "After school starts, lose my number. I don't have a spot for that crap here."
Reply Up