Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love Me A Good Old Messy Divorce!
mrsnj 06:42 AM 02-26-2013
Ok. To TRY and cut this as short as possible cause I have a soap opera on my hands.......

Two of my DKC are going through a messy nasty separation with their parents. The dad is supposed to have 'cheated' with the neighbor who is on my pick up list. Even after the supposedly affair, mom still used the neighbor as an emergency pick up. Thought it odd but............whatever Guess you do what you gotta do.

Well mom officially kicked dad out this weekend and mom now wants the neighbor removed. I KNOW dad will use her as a pick up/drop off emergency person. The day will come when she will show on my door step for a pick up for dad. I asked mom to tell dad that she is removing but, honestly, mom is very spiteful in all this and likely will not (it is all a game to her and what she can do to get at dad). I will get a knock on my door, the neighbor will be standing there saying she is picking up for dad cause it is 'his day', I will have to say "But mom removed you", calls will be made, I will get stuck in between and likely will be having the girls camp out after hours while they figure out what to do and dad comes all the way from out of state from work majorly mad and then I will be one pissy daycare provider......................... etc etc etc

When parents are in limbo like this and there is no official court ruling on who is in charge and custody etc......who do I make the in charge person? Mom is getting ready to change info and all and tell me who is and isn't allowed to pick up but dad is going to tell me something different.

Do I contact him myself. I need his new address and phone and all anyway. Tell him and let them work it out? Or just go through mom. Dad doesn't tell me all the details when he comes so it isn't a topic to come up on its own. Or do I just let mom handle it all???

So...................how do I handle this one? Who is in charge?
Tags:divorce, separating parents
Up