Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NOT EXCITED about an interview tonight.
jojosmommy 12:03 PM 08-08-2012
I have a family leaving in the Fall and have posted for openings for a while now. Just this week I have started to get some emails and calls about my open spots. Some contacts better than others.

I have reduced my hours for the Fall to 6 am to 4:30 pm. Two days a week I am leaving right near closing. The other 3 I am not, and intend to go nowhere since I will be leaving right away the other days. (I hate running every night).

The interview I have tonight mentioned that she can do the 4:30 time sometimes but needs the kids to stay until 5:30 sometimes (obv on the other three days only). UGGHGHHGH.... already with this really??!?! Parents are together but dad works out of town ALL the time and will not ever drop and pick up so mom, gma, etc will be picking up. UUUGGGHHHH..... again.... I have had bad experiences with this in the past.

Here I am dreading this interview already. I NEED to fill my spots but feel like IF I take this family I will not really be closing at 4:30 anyway . I also feel like IF I don't take this family I won't get calls forever (since the econ sucks here now) and will be hard up for funds. If I do take this family I will have better ones knocking down my door. Murphys Law.

WTD?
mema 12:08 PM 08-08-2012
Hmm. Sounds like the family I just turned away last week. I said no to staying open later. I wouldn't do it. 4:30 people will come around. She is already asking "special". I hadn't been receiving any calls/emails up until the last week or two and then was bombarded. I guess there are a few closing up shop within the next few weeks. Good luck with whatever you decide, but I wouldn't do it if I was you.
jojosmommy 12:10 PM 08-08-2012
I forget, are you real close to me? Wouldn't that be hilarious if it was the same family? And yes their daycare is closing in a few weeks.....
mema 12:14 PM 08-08-2012
Yes I am. That would be funny. Dad did work out of town 45min or so drive, but nothing was ever said about grandma or anything picking up. She was asking my hours and what I would extend them too. Ah, I won't!
jojosmommy 12:17 PM 08-08-2012
2 kids? girls? REALLY close in age.

Did you ever interview them?

Now I am starting to wonder.....
love111 12:17 PM 08-08-2012
Say no stick to your guns. You may be surprised. I know this sounds bad but I have found out later that parents ask for later times so they can go screw off or go to the gym after work. So here I am waiting for the kid to be picked up, pissed, resentful etc.

Hang in there. When I started sticking to my guns and closing the gap on hours, types of kids etc. My life was so much easier it was just scary to start saying NO to people vs. taking anything that would say yes to me.

Look at it like dating, you didn't say yes to everyone who asked right? Stick to what matters to you and you will find great parents.
renodeb 12:20 PM 08-08-2012
Its funny, for months I was not running at full capacity now for the last two months I m finally full and guess what I have gotten a ton of calls. Its just the wait is I guess. I wouldnt do it. They are already pushing the boundaries.
What Am I trying to say? Oh ya Run!!
Deb
mema 12:21 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
2 kids? girls? REALLY close in age.

Did you ever interview them?

Now I am starting to wonder.....
I pm'ed you
jojosmommy 12:30 PM 08-08-2012
Thanks ladies. I feel bad for even taking the interview since I probably wont say yes to them even if they like me.

On the one hand I feel like I shouldn't say no when we need the clients but on the other I feel like I shouldn't say yes to just anyone.... oh life is so hard sometimes.
jojosmommy 07:52 PM 08-08-2012
Ha!!!!!

I was ssoooooo right. Always trust your gut!
Heidi 07:58 PM 08-08-2012
Ha!!!!!

I was ssoooooo right. Always trust your gut!
Details please?
Breezy 08:06 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Details please?
I second that
jojosmommy 05:33 AM 08-09-2012
Stopped the bleeding after 30 min. Even my husband was laughing out loud when they left.

Ever had a circus come to your house? Thats the summary.

Too loud, too crazy, young developmentally, too agressive with my infant.
countrymom 05:49 AM 08-09-2012
what, you didn't want to be the ring leader lol!!
Kaddidle Care 05:50 AM 08-09-2012
Stopped the bleeding after 30 min. Even my husband was laughing out loud when they left.

Bleeding? You mean Meeting? Maybe it felt like bleeding.

Too funny - sounds like you both met with them. Looks like you dodged a bullet.
mema 06:16 AM 08-09-2012

And now he knows why you don't just take everyone! Glad you dodged a bullet.
jojosmommy 12:10 PM 08-09-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
And now he knows why you don't just take everyone! Glad you dodged a bullet.
Ha yes! I even laughed today whenI for one second pictured the house when he got home aftera day with these two kiddos!
Reply Up