Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another frustrating Monday
lovemykidstoo 10:48 AM 09-24-2012
Well, I made it through the morning. Thank God it's naptime. I have a new dcg that is 19 months old. She has been here for 3 weeks. The problem is last week she was absolutely fine, but today, she is a basket case. She has been sitting on the floor crying all morning. I believe the problem is that she takes 2 naps at home and she takes 1 nap here. For the ages that I have, there is no way she will sleep twice a day and be up when the other kids are up. Everyone here sleeps at the same time, so I've been trying to convert her over, but even though they said they would do that at home, they haven't. UGH!
Blackcat31 10:54 AM 09-24-2012
(((hugs))) just because it is Monday!

So far today, I have had 2 kids fall asleep during morning story time, one throw up all over and get sent home, one come with a crazy attitude only to be sent home 20 minutes later and the rest are all kind of whiney but nothing I can't handle.

Lunch was weird today as my great eating kiddos all picked and nibbled only to not want to finish anything (and today was finger food only) which is the all time favorite meal here by far.

Definitely having an off Monday here too! But I bet that nap time will probably be extra long today which I am A-ok with.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be more normal.

Wishing you a better afternoon !
lovemykidstoo 10:59 AM 09-24-2012
Maybe there is a full moon BC!!! Sorry about your day

It concerns me with this dcg because I don't see the naptimes every coordinating. Then when she does sleep, she only sleeps 1 1/2 hrs.
rhymia1 11:09 AM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
(((hugs))) just because it is Monday!

So far today, I have had 2 kids fall asleep during morning story time, one throw up all over and get sent home, one come with a crazy attitude only to be sent home 20 minutes later and the rest are all kind of whiney but nothing I can't handle.

Lunch was weird today as my great eating kiddos all picked and nibbled only to not want to finish anything (and today was finger food only) which is the all time favorite meal here by far.

Definitely having an off Monday here too! But I bet that nap time will probably be extra long today which I am A-ok with.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be more normal.

Wishing you a better afternoon !
Ugh what a day. Not to make your day any worse, but when my good eaters are not eating well and there is a stomach bug going around...all I'm saying is have some buckets handy!
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by rhymia1:
Ugh what a day. Not to make your day any worse, but when my good eaters are not eating well and there is a stomach bug going around...all I'm saying is have some buckets handy!
LOL! I have thought about that too and I have probably already asked a few of them several time if they feel ok?

Do you feel like throwing up?
Are you feeling alright?
Does you tummy hurt?
Were you just not hungry?
Is your head hot?
Did you eat breakfast this morning?
Are you going to puke?

That has pretty much been my conversation this morning with all of them.

Oddly, I can clean up diarrhea any day (although it IS gross) but I have serious issues with vomit!

Hoping no one is on the path to sickness but sometimes having a kid or two out for the day is a nice break.
Nickel 12:01 PM 09-24-2012
Ugh... my new dcg has also been crying off and on this morning too... She just woke up from nap. sigh. So I got less than an hour to actually sit down and enjoy my "break". Hopefully tomorrow will b better for both of us.

bc i am the same way about vomit. i gag every time.... eeeewwwww
Country Kids 01:18 PM 09-24-2012
We've been laying down for 45 min-45 min and no one is remotely trying to go to sleep. Everyone is rolling around, talking, thrashing their blankets off, trying to roll so they can touch others, etc.

I was up till midnight working and back up at 5:30-I need some downtime!
saved4always 01:39 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL! I have thought about that too and I have probably already asked a few of them several time if they feel ok?

Do you feel like throwing up?
Are you feeling alright?
Does you tummy hurt?
Were you just not hungry?
Is your head hot?
Did you eat breakfast this morning?
Are you going to puke?

That has pretty much been my conversation this morning with all of them.

Oddly, I can clean up diarrhea any day (although it IS gross) but I have serious issues with vomit!

Hoping no one is on the path to sickness but sometimes having a kid or two out for the day is a nice break.
I am the same way with vomit...it makes me gag. Diarrhea, while not pleasant to clean up, doesn't really bother me either. I don't know if I could actually clean up vomit. It is actually amazing that, in 8 years of watching kids in my house, none ever vomitted. I have probably jinxed myself now.

My Monday was not the best either...I am hoping that maybe there is a full moon or something temporary to cause all these kids to be acting so off today! I had a 2 yo dcb today who would absolutely NOT stay on his cot during nap. I lost count of how many times I had to put him back on his cot. Letting him stay up was not an option as all the kids sleep in the same room and this one is not one to stay quiet and let the others be...plus, I didn't want to give him the idea that I would eventually give in. I hope it was a one time deal and the rest of the week is better! I don't think my back or nerves could handle that everyday.
Reply Up