Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dumbest Snow Day Ever
BumbleBee 12:52 PM 02-05-2018
They called a snow day at 6am today. Roads are slightly slick but not severely snow, we got a whopping 1 inch of snow last night and it's 4 degrees with the wind chill.

The reason for closing? The storm that's on it's way. The storm that is supposed to arrive at 6pm today.

Why????
Ariana 01:46 PM 02-05-2018
They do this all the time here too! Call snow days when there shouldn’t have been one and then not closing when they should. I literally have no idea how they determine when to close because it makes zero sense!
Baby Beluga 04:03 PM 02-05-2018
Playing devil's advocate here: they probably did it in case the storm arrived early. Since it was expected to arrive during a high travel time, it was probably best to just tell people to stay home.
Farmerswife 05:27 AM 02-06-2018
Super Bowl "hangover"? I think my kids have had a delay the day after the Super Bowl the last 3 years. There has always been a little bit of snow, but they seem to call the delay early in the evening before they really know how the roads will be.
lovemykidstoo 05:35 AM 02-06-2018
We had one yesterday too. My daughter was thrilled. We drove from East Lansing to Saginaw (Michigan providers will know where that all is) at about 8 Sunday night and the roads were nasty. My daughter had her pom pon state championship at Michigan State University so it was a long day. She was thrilled with the snow day yesterday. We got about 6 inches here though.

the ones that get me are the "cold days" that they get off. If I drove by a bus stop and saw kids with actual coats, gloves, hats, scarfs and boots on I would feel bad for them. Typically they have nothing but a sweatshirt on.
e.j. 11:53 AM 02-06-2018
We had rain Sunday night but it got colder over night and we had a "flash freeze" in some areas. Drivers were warned to keep an eye out for black ice on the roads but it didn't sound like a big deal and the schools in the area opened on time. I did hear on the news last night, though, that a couple of towns over from us, a couple of school buses went off the road, with one slamming into a house. The school superintendent was shown saying he wished he had called for a 2 hour delay. I guess they make the best call they can given the information they have but I'm sure it's not always an easy decision to have to make. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job!
Hunni Bee 11:43 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Farmerswife:
Super Bowl "hangover"? I think my kids have had a delay the day after the Super Bowl the last 3 years. There has always been a little bit of snow, but they seem to call the delay early in the evening before they really know how the roads will be.
I think we had "Superbowl Hangover" too. They called a two-hour delay at 5 am Monday morning because of "black ice" the temp overnight didn't go below 40.

There wasn't any ice.
BrynleeJean 07:51 PM 02-07-2018
wow sounds nice id enjoy it. SNOWDAY

I'm down south where an inch of snow and slick roads would definitely shut everyone down. Unfortunately nothing sticks here, we rarely get snow or ice. we pray for snow days down here
Tigerlilly 06:53 AM 02-08-2018
I think we also had a post Superbowl snow day as well. They call snow days at the drop of a hate anymore. Luckily a snow day won't cause me to close .
Tags:ridiculous, snow day
Reply Up