Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Question About Minute Menu
DancingQueen 06:54 AM 10-20-2010
I have a little girl that was with me from March to June and then they moved so I switched them to inactive status.

They care coming back 10/1 - do I switch them back to active or create a new "child" for them?

I'm worried about just switching to active as changing keeping her enrollment date as March - when she now has a new enrollment date - or should it just be viewed as a long leave - and that was her initial enrollment date?

does that even make any sense at all? LOL
DancingQueen 06:55 AM 10-20-2010
oh and another question
is there a way to have a reoccurring invoice (so I don't have to create it every single time) if the parent doesn't use online bill pay and doesn't have an email address?
DancingQueen 07:10 AM 10-20-2010
and another - where do I put in my mortgage payment on expenses?
I see rent
and I see mortgage interest
but not mortgage???
legomom922 07:21 AM 10-20-2010
I would do it as a new enrollment because in the case of an audit, the IRS would assume she never left and you would be the one to prove otherwise. They may think you were getting pd under the table.

You cant claim mortgage expense, you have to depreciate mortgage payment and I haent figured out how to do that yet in MMK. Maybe someone else can explain how to do that?

I've never used the recurring invoice because I put new notes in every wk on the invoice, so I dont know,
newtodaycare22 09:12 AM 10-20-2010
I tried to add a kid back and it won't let you, because it will say the same kid was already enrolled. You have to contact your sponsor and have they 'reenroll'. Or at least that's what happened to me
legomom922 07:08 AM 10-21-2010
I put one kid in as a test, and delted it 3 wks later, and when she did finally enroll, I put it in as new with no problem. I am not on the food program though, so I dont know if that made the difference or not.
Tags:minute menu kids, mmk
Reply Up