Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I’m Sad!
littlemisssunshine 06:52 AM 06-15-2012
so i got a new dcf this week with 3 dck's!!! the dcb cries every morning when his mom leaves and the older girl at first liked coming here. today mom tells me that her daughter didnt want to come and that she doesnt like it! i feel sad and i really want her to like it here, should i stress over this?
Breezy 06:59 AM 06-15-2012
My new DCG has been here for almost 2 weeks and she starts crying when they pull into the driveway! She's happy as a lark the rest of the day but she hates when her mom leaves. Don't stress its normal!

And kids do say the silliest things so I wouldn't take it personally.
littlemisssunshine 07:49 AM 06-15-2012
yes same here with the dcb he cries as soon as he gets to my driveway he cries and doesn't want to come in ahhh kids are silly thanks for your help =)
My3cents 11:27 AM 06-15-2012
it is change for these little peeps.

All kids would rather be with their Parents (functioning normal loving parents)
When given a choice, they would pick home. It is what they are comfortable with.

Give it time. She has to adjust. Don't over compensate because she will expect it and then when it stops have a freak out- Give it a chance and it will take time, sometimes it takes a long time for adjustments. Not every waking hour can be fun and exciting and all about the one child.

I would assure the parent it is normal adjustment period. Give it time-

Best-
My3cents 11:29 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
so i got a new dcf this week with 3 dck's!!! the dcb cries every morning when his mom leaves and the older girl at first liked coming here. today mom tells me that her daughter didnt want to come and that she doesnt like it! i feel sad and i really want her to like it here, should i stress over this?
don't stress, the honeymoon period has worn off-she wants something and it probably has nothing to do with you. I reread and wanted to address to you don't stress-
cheerfuldom 11:50 AM 06-15-2012
I like sending new parents texts or pictures throughout the day. Helps them know what their kids are doing and gives proof that their kids are just fine after the initial transition at the door. you could also snap a quick picture and send it to them once little one stops crying. sometimes the parents of my criers get a picture before they are even out the driveway to show that junior is just fine!
Tags:crying - every day, stress
Reply Up