Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Split Winter Break?
DaveA 06:13 AM 11-13-2017
My winter break is in January. I have it in my contract that I will either close a whole week or do a pair of long weekends. As the kids got older and I added a January trade show it has pretty much been the 2 weekends every year. It fits our schedules well and DCPs say it's easier than trying to find backup for a whole week. I talked about it on a Fbook post and have gotten a couple of PM's asking for details, including one letting me know how "ridiculous" it was. Does anyone else do their winter break this way?

Thanks
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
My winter break is in January. I have it in my contract that I will either close a whole week or do a pair of long weekends. As the kids got older and I added a January trade show it has pretty much been the 2 weekends every year. It fits our schedules well and DCPs say it's easier than trying to find backup for a whole week. I talked about it on a Fbook post and have gotten a couple of PM's asking for details, including one letting me know how "ridiculous" it was. Does anyone else do their winter break this way?

Thanks
I have been taking long weekends verses whole weeks exactly like you said ^^.

To me it makes more sense as parents only need to find care for a couple days instead of an entire week and from a provider perspective long weekends work better for the kids as they come back remembering some of the rules instead of none like they do after a long weekend.

Personally, I find I am more rested and more productive with long weekends than I am with one looooong week of vacation. I know..sounds weird but it's true. I can get more done over long weekends than if I am closed for 9-10 days in a row so I totally see and understand your reasoning.

I am sure the only reason someone thought it was ridiculous was because it wouldn't be something that would work for them. Who cares about the greater good, or you... kwim?

I say take split your winter break up and enjoy it twice!
Snowmom 06:28 AM 11-13-2017
I do my summer breaks that way.

I break it up into three long weekends.

But boy, the "ridiculous" comment would have me steaming.
The witch in me would probably comment back "did you need to put in your two week notice?"
DaveA 10:22 AM 11-13-2017
Thanks- it was one of those times where I was like "What is so weird about this?" Just caught me off guard before caffeine kicked in.
Tags:winter break
Reply Up