Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>ok,.. Invited to Lunch
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 07:15 AM 02-17-2010
I seriously just had a parent call

Hi JIll, I wanted to talk to you about our vacation plans, can you meet me for lunch around noon today?

HUH????
I said,..
I can't leave the house Tara, the kids would be alone. She says,.. well how do you eat? do you not take a lunch?

I said,. no,.. I fix food here, I do not get breaks,... from 5 am to 6 pm I never leave the kids,.. she says,.. wow, I didnt know that, I couldnt do it, I have to have a break.

honestly,.. she knows Im the only one here, I dont have a helper, lol sometimes I am generally concerned how these people function through the day without help.
originalkat 07:21 AM 02-17-2010
OH MY GOSH! I AM SERIOUSLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD RIGHT NOW! HOW DO SOME PEOPLE GET THROUGH LIFE! LOLOL
Unregistered 07:21 AM 02-17-2010
That is hilarious, you just made my day.
emosks 07:23 AM 02-17-2010
Ha ha! Sometime I wish parents would sit and watch what we do throughout the day...then they'd have a whole new understanding!!
Persephone 07:30 AM 02-17-2010
Are you kidding me? At first I thought she meant that she wanted to come to you at lunch time but then as I read on I see she really did want you to leave the house!

I just have no words to say how dumb that sounds to ask a care giver to leave at lunch time! What did she think?
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:07 AM 02-17-2010
I really dont think she "thinks". lol
Childminder 08:48 AM 02-17-2010
I just burst out laughing when I read this Some people just don't get their screws tightened at creation.
mac60 08:57 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I just burst out laughing when I read this Some people just don't get their screws tightened at creation.
Too Funny, Just how do they make it thru an 8 hour day job.
momma2girls 09:29 AM 02-17-2010
THis is too funny!!!!
I always say parents that bitch about everything, or the smallest things, should do daycare themselves for one yr. and see how they manage everything!!! Their thinking would change in a hurry!!!LOL!!!!!!!
GretasLittleFriends 10:17 AM 02-17-2010
Had it been me, I'd have asked her to meet me at "Greta's Lunch Counter", and see if she caught on.
My Rising Stars 10:05 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I seriously just had a parent call

Hi JIll, I wanted to talk to you about our vacation plans, can you meet me for lunch around noon today?

HUH????
I said,..
I can't leave the house Tara, the kids would be alone. She says,.. well how do you eat? do you not take a lunch?

I said,. no,.. I fix food here, I do not get breaks,... from 5 am to 6 pm I never leave the kids,.. she says,.. wow, I didnt know that, I couldnt do it, I have to have a break.

honestly,.. she knows Im the only one here, I dont have a helper, lol sometimes I am generally concerned how these people function through the day without help.
It' s quite scary to think that these people actually have children!! Where is the common sense??
daycare 10:07 AM 04-18-2011
OMG this is pee in my pants funny.... And now we know why our PHB are a million pages long........lol
countrymom 10:11 AM 04-18-2011
at first I thought it was nice that she was inviting you to lunch till I read further, now that is so funny. Hmm I wonder how we function without lunch and pee breaks.
boysx5 10:20 AM 04-18-2011
thats a good one I had a mom send invites for he daughters bday well they are so cute the one problem it has no date as to when the party is now at pick up I will have to tell her you need to tell the parents the date of the party I swear these people need to be spoon feed
lil angels 10:21 AM 04-18-2011
OMG that is all OMG really what was she thinking. Maybe she is related to that Jessica that likes to leave her kids alone.
daycare 10:27 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
OMG that is all OMG really what was she thinking. Maybe she is related to that Jessica that likes to leave her kids alone.
lmao I was thinking the same thing..... No Jessica tata's.....
lucky 10:30 AM 04-18-2011
I got a good giggle out of this one
Meeko 10:30 AM 04-18-2011
Funny...but sad too! Earth to parents........!!!
youretooloud 10:34 AM 04-18-2011
I also think it's funny that she thinks her vacation is worth a lunch hour to discuss.
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 04-18-2011
I can picture it now....you arrive at the diner with ALL of your daycare kids in tow........The look on her face would have been priceless!!!
Symphony 12:58 PM 04-18-2011
That is too funny! I wonder who she thinks is with the kids during your daily lunch hour?
Tags:vacation, vent
Reply Up