Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>I Just Wish They Wouldn't Serve...
Candyland 07:20 PM 04-29-2011
oh dear; when our school serves a mix of various cereals, I just roll my eyes...please don't serve that!
Kaddidle Care 08:57 AM 04-30-2011
They mix them? Ewww! Sounds like when you have the bottom of the bag. I find the dregs are great sprinkled over yogurt and it's usually just enough for that when there's not enough for a bowl.

I don't like to mix my cereals. I wouldn't think the kids would like it either.

Now if they're making trail mix - that's another story.
KEG123 10:29 AM 04-30-2011
I used to mix cereals when I was a kid. Not anymore though. If there is a little bit left in the bag now, I give it to the kids as a snack. We don't serve that sugary crap either. Mostly just cheerios, kix, chex.
sahm1225 03:41 PM 04-30-2011
I thought the post was talking about serving various types/choices of cereals not that they were mixing it all up together..

Is it the little crumbs that they are mixing together? I mix cheerios, frosted mini wheats, plain mini wheats and raisins and call it 'trail mix'. The kids LOVE it.. Sometimes I throw in a handful of chocolate chips and a small handfull of colorful cheerios (aka fruit loops).
meganlavonnesmommy 05:42 PM 05-01-2011
If its just different cereals all mixed up, my daughter LOVES to do that.
She calls it mixed up cereal, and mixes several different kinds together
with milk for breakfast. Some of the combos are weird, but she loves it.
WDW 06:16 PM 05-02-2011
I still eat Cheerios mixed with Apple Jacks. LOVE it!
SilverSabre25 06:48 AM 05-03-2011
I occasionally mix my cinnamon chex with corn chex. Cuts the sweetness.

But there are a lot of cereals I would never dream of mixing together...of course, I've never been a fan of mixing different soft drinks either (except lemonade and sprite or Hi-C and sprite)
Tags:cereal, public schools
Reply Up