Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspection Advice Please!
tulip1969 06:04 AM 06-14-2011
My very first fire/safety inspection is today at 2:00. I am so nervous! Any advice? Thanks!
Meeko 06:07 AM 06-14-2011
Just try and relax! Remember...even if they say something needs to be replaced, changed etc.....it doesn't mean you have done anything wrong! They are there to HELP you get ready for your day care.
Sugar Magnolia 11:57 AM 06-14-2011
I was going to share my fire inspection horror story, but I will refrain from that for now! (We are a center so its a LOT rougher and probably not applicable anyways) Hope you did great! You'll be fine, I hope! Fingers crossed, don't forget to update us!
sharlan 12:22 PM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Just try and relax! Remember...even if they say something needs to be replaced, changed etc.....it doesn't mean you have done anything wrong! They are there to HELP you get ready for your day care.
I agree. I always get myself worked up, then the inspector comes in, makes a few easy recommendations, and leaves.
tulip1969 12:26 PM 06-14-2011
It went very well. The inspector found three things I need to do. My deck rail was six inches too low around my pool. Only 4 sections of rail and a gate so hubby will take care of that. They want a carbon monoxide detector on every floor. I need to buy one more because we only have two. Lastly, my oil burnere is in a storage room and one of the shelves is too close to it. It is about 3 feet away but I guess that is still too close. He was very nice and helpful. He tugged on all of the drawers and cabinets to check for safety locks, looked for smoke detectors, checked the bathroom, tugged on the swingset, shed door, and that was about it. So glad that it is over with!!
sharlan 05:41 PM 06-14-2011
It's a good feeling when they leave, isn't it?
Tags:inspection
Reply Up