Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Tell Potential Clients?
Francine 01:08 PM 07-25-2011
What do you tell potential clients who call and ask if you have openings? I am sort of looking to fill an infant spot if I get the right client BUT I would have to let somebody go inorder to do that. The DCM that I would have to let go has had issues from the start, she is a very hard women to please and I feel like given the chance she is going to pull out anyway. The first sign of a runny nose I can see being the end. So anyway, my DD works for a Preschool and has given my name out to one of her preschool moms who is due in a couple of months. So she calls and asks if I have openings, what do I say? I hate to just say yes and then have them not be a good fit. I don't want to let one crazy go just to get another
wdmmom 01:23 PM 07-25-2011
"I am currently pre-interviewing for a potential opening in ___ (month)."

That's what I tell them. This means that if I like them and want their business, I will make it a point to have the opening for them. If not and they contact you, you say, "Oh, I'm sorry, as it turned out, the child I thought was going ___ (move, go to preschool, kindy, etc) isn't going to leave us after all.
nannyde 01:30 PM 07-25-2011
The potential start date is so far away that you could easily just say you are interviewing for your wait list. You believe there will be an opening around that time... so come on over and let's visit or call me back after the baby is born.
grandmom 02:16 PM 07-25-2011
I have said I have a family in transition and may be leaving. That way if the child wants to start sooner I can move. If I don't want the family, I have an easy out.
PitterPatter 03:52 PM 07-25-2011
Right away I tell them it depends on what their needs are and then ask the ages of their children and the times needed. I don't take infants so that causes me to lose some and I don't do midnights so I have lost a few that way as well. I would just ask what their needs are and if they don't have a child in the age u are looking for just tell them that age group is filled or u only have 1 openeing for an infant. Something like that. HTH
Unregistered 06:16 PM 07-25-2011
I dont know if I would tell them that you have a family in transition, you dont want to raise any doubts. Just say that your next most available spot is _____. I would interview her, you never know!
Tags:interview, potential client
Reply Up