Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On Hubby Being Out Of Work...
Christian Mother 01:41 PM 03-13-2012
This might be kind of long and I apologize a head of time...

My husband interviewed for a job in Tucson. Not quiet where I'd like to be but at this point we can't afford to be picky. He's been searching you guys since end of Oct. and during his search he's become distraught and stressed and very much depressed. He feels like such a failure to our family that he hasn't been able to successfully find a job. It's been very diff. for him bc he hasn't been on the opposite side of the spectrum from the one interviewing possible new job canadiates to the one being interviewed. He just hasn't had the practice and it's been very scary for him.

All through this ordeal we've prayed and prayed for God to put us where he wants us to be and I've been trying to see/feel the signs. I hope to not miss any and really just try to trust in "His" whole plan. It's hard..

This job...it's with a Solar Mounting Systems in Tucson and he saw the ad right about the time he got laid off. He's mentioned a few times in our 10 yrs of marriage how interesting he is in Solar Panels and getting into a biz that operates in one. I never really took notice just brushed it off. Then this weekend as I and the kids came back and we left him on his job search yesterday he told me that he walked into a company (Schletter Inc.) to leave his resume with them and the lady he meet with was very excited to receive it saying they ashually had a Production Shift Managers position available that although they've received numerous applicants for the job none had metal experience...low and behold...that is my husband field!! She wanted to hold him to have him interview right there on the spot but the manager was unavailable. My thought is that they prob. wanted to review his resume closely before ashually interviewing. My husband called me and told me this and then said that he would be coming home then as they would call back for a interview possible in a week or so. But about 10 min later for our call I got a call from a lady asking for my husband and when I mentioned he would not be due back til late tonight she seemed very distraught and there was some silence bc I had this sudden thought that perhaps this lady was from the company my husband was just talking about. I didn't quite remember the name and when she stated it it didn't quite ring a bell. But I took the chance and told her that he was ashually in Tucson and that she could easily reach him by cell which she confirmed back to me and thanked me in a rush to get off the phone. I texted my husband that this company would be calling him and then tried calling about 15 min. later but his phone kept going to vm so I thought his phone must of died. But he ended up calling me shortly after telling me he had a interview the very next day with the Solar Mounting Company he was just talking about.

So, he just got out of the meeting with 3 of their employees and he said it went very well even though he came extremely nervous. He said that the company was ran by younger employees and he felt like he fit right in. He just turned 37 last week. He interviewed for about 45 min was a good time frame I think for interviewing and they did discuss benefits which seem wonderful and pay which when asked how much he made prior and what he would like her response jokingly was that she would undercut that amount she was sure. He did understand this but didn't feel in the least that she was being harsh. It's just what the economy is like right now and even making $19-20 would be favorable. The fact that full ins. benefits that are paid at 80% and they offer 401K and that this is a stable world wide company and they offer bonus and a review after 90 days makes up for a lower wage! Wish us luck you all and pray for us that this is God's plan for us. I don't want to except anything else but God's work in this. I try so hard to be optimistic and place my faith in God. It's hard to know clearly where we should be. If he gets this job that means I need to prepare the families for us to relocate. That will give them all 2 months to find care. I feel certain that all will stay with me til the beginning of summer as we hope to stay here til the school yr ends for our kids. But, if my husband needs to transition before us bc we are in the process of a short sale on our home we will stay til that closes. So many things happening right now it is all so stressful!
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 03-13-2012
It sounds like things may be headed in the right direction for you and DH!

I will most definitely say a prayer for you and your family in hopes that everything works out for the best!

Stay positive!!
Breezy 02:26 PM 03-13-2012
Wow!!! The office is 2 miles from my house and there are lots of homes for sale in this area. Davis Monthan Air Force base runs off of solar energy pretty much exclusively through the summer. What a great opportunity!
saved4always 03:22 PM 03-13-2012
I will definitely say a prayer for you and your family. It sounds like God could be giving you your answer to your prayers. He always will in His time.
Christian Mother 02:19 PM 03-26-2012
Breezy are you in Tucson? I just found out on Thrus. the short sale got approved and closing is scheduled for 4/26/12....

I am terrified bc that gives us a little over a month to pack and find a rental. I asked our agent to speak to the buyers agent in allowing us to rent back from the buyers for 1 month so the kids can finish school up. They get out May 24th. So if we could extend it til 5/26/12 I would be soooo happy! My husband has been calling once a week on updates from Schletter Inc. and the lady said they haven't made any decisions yet that they are waiting for one of the financiers to come back from vacation and then make a decision and they are still interviewing. My husband mentioned that bc of our new status that we will be relocating sooner then what was planned and she seemed really happy about that so she asked him to call back on Fri. This week is going to be big bc I find out if the kids got excepted into The Legacy Tradition School District. Not to mention the inspecting for the house is tomorrow....so many things...can this week be over yet!!!?
Tags:bad economy, husband - lost job
Reply Up