Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Do You Nap Your 7 Month Olds ?
Holiday Park 01:39 PM 11-06-2012
The 7 month old I have now sleeps at 9/10am and 1/2pm just like my 13 month old and 12 mobth girl who is here 2days a week. I have a evening baby (7months) who hasn't been on any kind of routine or schedule and it's making it very difficult having her in the evenings (2-7/4-9type of times) i suggested dad bring her earlier than 2/3 so she's not falling asleep in the car and he is also bringing her hungry and tired even though he may say she already had a nap.
Mom was like we can bring her right before nap 2:30/3:30 and I thnk that is too late for second nap. They agreed for me to let them know when would be good so she can take her nap with the others, before they go home. That way after they leave and I have just her, she's not in such a rotten mood. I want her to be some what on the same routine as they are , so even if she fets dropped off at different times she can just mesh with whatever we are doing with out issues.
Im trying to decide if I should just do 10&2 since the others do fine with that too, or tell her she needs to be here at noon so she can sleep at 1 . Or if there is a better set of times that can work for them all.

So far the other 3 ( including my son) who are not here the same days but Fridays, DO all go down at the same times. And since I don't even know how long I'll keep her (because of evenings not working out) , I feel I need to put the others first ad go by their times and the earlier ones 9&1. Maybe even 9:30&1:30. But the other kiddos start getting crankier when they have to wait till 10&2 or later.
Lyss 02:14 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
The 7 month old I have now sleeps at 9/10am and 1/2pm just like my 13 month old and 12 mobth girl who is here 2days a week. I have a evening baby (7months) who hasn't been on any kind of routine or schedule and it's making it very difficult having her in the evenings (2-7/4-9type of times) i suggested dad bring her earlier than 2/3 so she's not falling asleep in the car and he is also bringing her hungry and tired even though he may say she already had a nap.
Mom was like we can bring her right before nap 2:30/3:30 and I think that is too late for second nap. They agreed for me to let them know when would be good so she can take her nap with the others, before they go home. That way after they leave and I have just her, she's not in such a rotten mood. I want her to be some what on the same routine as they are , so even if she fets dropped off at different times she can just mesh with whatever we are doing with out issues.
Im trying to decide if I should just do 10&2 since the others do fine with that too, or tell her she needs to be here at noon so she can sleep at 1 . Or if there is a better set of times that can work for them all.

So far the other 3 ( including my son) who are not here the same days but Fridays, DO all go down at the same times. And since I don't even know how long I'll keep her (because of evenings not working out) , I feel I need to put the others first ad go by their times and the earlier ones 9&1. Maybe even 9:30&1:30. But the other kiddos start getting crankier when they have to wait till 10&2 or later.
I think its great DCPs are willing to put her on a schedule and work with you so much! I've had some (majority actually) that are not that way!

Does she sleep a long time? Like if they brought her for her usual 2:30 nap will she sleep a long time or just a short one? Or is the issue that she's overtired and doesn't sleep well so then is cranky all evening? Just clarifying.

At 7 months my DCG (now 11 mos) still needed 3 naps a day to function in the evening without being a terror for DCPs, she went to 2 naps at 9mos. My own DD (now 11 mos also) transitioned to 2 naps at 8 months but her afternoon nap was always the short one, so sometimes she would go down at 2:30 and be up around 3:30/4. But that was dependant on when she woke up from her last nap. Usually my infants went down at 9:30/10 and woke between 11/12ish, then again around 2/2:30ish to 3:30/4ish. They both seemed to put themselves of that schedule, my older DCKs nap 1-3:30ish so I still get a bit of a break!

I've found for both my DD and DCG the closer to 4pm they sleep the happier they are in the evening. I used to breathe a huge sigh of relief when my DD slept til 4 (now it's 3:30) because it meant my evening was going to be peaceful!

I think whatever works best for you is what you should talk with mom and dad about and give it a try, maybe be clear with them that its a trial to see if it helps and that you may need to tweak it again if it isn't helping.
Chatter Box 02:26 PM 11-06-2012
They come early 7:20 so I put them down as soon as they get here and they sleep until about 9ish. if they aren't up by 9:30 I get them up and they are up until the rest go down for nap time at 12ish. That way they all sleep at the same times in the afternoon and they all sleep for about 2 1/2 hours or so.
Holiday Park 03:41 PM 11-06-2012
Lyss, yes, over tired not because she can't sleep but They were not putting her down soon enough for naps, or not at all, all day long and had been just letting her crash. As a result she will be cranky.

Chatter box , sounds like your kids/DCk's are exactly like mine . She ( evening baby will arrive as late as 4:30 or as early as 2:30 , and stay till 7/8/9pm depending when mom gets off. Dad is usually the one to drop off. He tells me when she last slept or ate . And is usually needing both, or at least a feeding. not have slept still. I need her to have SOME kind of consistency for her to work out. She originally wouldn't sleep at all (used to only nursing to sleep at might) or let me even put her down. Honestly Im not sure if mom is just saying whatever I want to hear , because how she is at my house doesn't seem like she is on any kind of routine at all. That could be because one week she's here 4days and another week only 2. And its sifferent times. Which is why i asked they start dropping off at the same time even if its not the same days.
Holiday Park 03:49 PM 11-06-2012
Oops accidental dbl post.
Reply Up