Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tie Dye with Preschoolers?
Christina72684 08:35 AM 06-20-2014
Ever tie dye with kids? I have 3-5 year olds and wondered if it would be worth trying and how much they could actually do. Any tips would be appreciated!
SilverSabre25 09:23 AM 06-20-2014
I might try something small first, like bandanas or something, instead of a whole shirt. And I saw an idea recently for doing Sharpie tie dye where you draw with sharpies and then spray it with water to make the colors run. You can also do tie dye with Kool aid and i think rubbing alcohol.

Another way to do it might be to pre do the crumpling and rubber banding of a shirt (they won't be able to do that solo I bet) then give them eye droppers or spray bottles of the color.
CraftyMom 09:28 AM 06-20-2014
I plan to attempt tie dye this summer. We'll see how it goes! I plan to have a lot of the prep work done ahead of time. Last year for my daughter's bday party we used squeeze bottles, which worked well
daycare 01:26 PM 06-20-2014
I did it for my sons bday party when he was four and it was really fun, but you do have to wash the shirts first, then wait for them to dry and then wait another day to wash rinse and wash them so the little kids sometimes get really impatient about it.

Ours came out great. I had each child come with a white T-shirt and I bought a huge bag of rubber bands. I had parents there to help their child and I tie up the shirts. It was super fun wearing them.
CraftyMom 02:09 PM 06-20-2014
After reading this I checked out pinterest and saw some tie dying pins just posted that I think are yours, guess we were thinking alike
CraftyMom 02:12 PM 06-20-2014
I'm thinking we might do tie dye for 4th of July, red, white and blue. I also like the heart idea, I think my own girls would love it!
MarinaVanessa 04:02 PM 06-20-2014
I've tried to tie dye with my kiddos a few times and this method was by far my favorite:
http://wendolonia.com/blog/2009/08/09/tie-dye-tutorial/

It gives you 6 different techniques you can try and I love using the squeeze bottles because the kids can do it themselves and all I have to do is tie up the shirts
Tags:tie dye
Reply Up