Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Giving crap for taking a vacation
grateday 03:51 PM 08-27-2015
I just got my first vacation vent from a parent at pick up time today. Just irritates me. I am only trying to get a small "family" vacation in before school starts. Really, I give so much of myself to the families children before, after, and on weekends. I am doing so much for the kids that the families just don't know or understand how much it takes to prepare for the next week.

I need time with my family....
Blackcat31 04:49 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by grateday:
I just got my first vacation vent from a parent at pick up time today. Just irritates me. I am only trying to get a small "family" vacation in before school starts. Really, I give so much of myself to the families children before, after, and on weekends. I am doing so much for the kids that the families just don't know or understand how much it takes to prepare for the next week.

I need time with my family....
Parents can say whatever they want but its up to you to not let their words/comments make you feel guilty or bad.

YOU know how hard you work. YOU know your family and time with them is important to you.
Don't let anyone else take that from you
Thriftylady 06:16 PM 08-27-2015
I agree with BC, although I have a hard time doing it myself. We all need time to spend with our families or just have downtime. I apologized to my hubby today and later realized I shouldn't have. I have two overnight girls who get up and go to school on the bus from my house. Today DH left before they did and after they left and I was alone I was drained (I also have these girls on weekends and they get picked up at 8 am). I took a nap. Hubby being a truck driver counts on me a lot and I was unavailable today because I took a nap. I told him I was sorry but then realized I wasn't. I take in two girls at 10 PM each night, it takes time to get them settled, I get up early to cook breakfast, blah blah. I needed sleep and I shouldn't be sorry for that. We ALL need down time.
littletots 01:30 PM 08-28-2015
Unfortunately, Not uncommon. Smh
Unregistered 03:04 PM 08-28-2015
You gotta knock it off! Your family time IS WORTH IT! Just smile and move on
Unregistered 03:08 PM 08-28-2015
Regret is terrible...
grateday 07:34 PM 08-28-2015
I don't regret taking the time for my family. But I think I regret ever meeting this DCD for that comment. I know I'll get over it.
Tags:parents - don't appreciate, vacation
Reply Up