Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terminating a contract
Unregistered 10:39 AM 04-06-2009
I was just wondering if I had signed our contract that states we must give three weeks notice before we stop service with our current home daycare, but we have taken our 6 month old daughter in the morning and could not wake the lady up twice in two weeks. Just curious if that would give us the right not to pay the three weeks?
sweetcinna 05:22 AM 04-07-2009
Are you planning to pull the child? I would think yes that you would cause it is a legal contract and it would hold up in court. Even though she has be undependable. I think that i would talk to the provider and let her know that if it happens again that you will pull your child without notice and I think i would have her sign an agreement that states something to that effect. It is her responsablity to be there and be awake.
Unregistered 11:51 AM 04-07-2009
we have already pulled our child since it has been a repeat problem
Unregistered 02:04 PM 04-07-2009
Good thing you pulled your child out. You should not have to wait the three weeks to terminate. This person was violating the trust and safely of your child. If you are not reimbursed I suggest you take this to small claims court.
Unregistered 12:06 PM 04-08-2009
I beleive she already broke the contract by not being available. I wouldn't pay her anything.

Bridget
Ms.Sue 04:54 PM 04-08-2009
I am a center owner, and we don't even require people to give 2 weeks notice ---
We feel if you are not comfortable with our services for your baby or child -then you should not have to deal with 2 'last weeks' (why? because we are moms and we had our babies in daycare) If you are not comfortable - then you should not send your child - or be expected to.

Now, if this person is not opening on time - then I say that it shows she has breeched her contracted obligations! She either runs a business or not. Take your child out and don't worry about paying those 2 weeks. Find a professional person -- good luck !
Reply Up