Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gee Whiz
EchoMom 06:37 AM 11-25-2013
DCD arrives late this morning (becoming a pattern... They were told our drop off times are between 7:30-9am only). He then completely pulls into the across the street neighbor's driveway and runs his child across the street to drop off with us. We have plenty of street parking in front of our house.

So my assistant politely tells him that it's not a good idea to park in neighbor's driveway because they may get upset. DCD doesn't apologize just seems offended and says he didn't think they would mind. He has no clue, how can he assume. Just totally annoys me.

I have one neighbor who if our package is delivered to her house, will keep our package in her garage for weeks and weeks until I finally catch her to get it from her.

I have another neighbor who also does home daycare and needs her drive for her own pick ups and drop offs.

I have another neighbor who is totally persnickety about everything that is HIS.

So it's completely not out of line for us to say don't park in neighbor's driveway. I think it's rude, but even moreso, rude he didn't apologize but acted like WE were being uptight. WE'RE not being uptight, we're saying we have some uptight neighbors!

Grr. Totally trying to start this week happy and in a good mood, but people can be so rude!
Great Beginnings 07:23 AM 11-25-2013
I have a very long driveway. It can easily fit 8 cars. I have parents that refuse to pull in because they don't want to be blocked and then other parents come and just drive up on my lawn! I just wish I knew what went through the minds of some people!
nanglgrl 08:26 AM 11-25-2013
I've clients that will pull to the wrong side if the road and the same client will also pull in behind someone who's clearly leaving. I had a client who got a ticket because they pulled up in my driveway behind my van and they were blocking the sidewalk. After oil spots from a clients carbon my new driveway and a client who wasn't supposed to come quickly pulling in behind me as I was backing out I had to put in my policies that there is no parking in my driveway. My husband was upset about the oil spots but even more upset at the $500 copay we had to pay to get my van fixed. Of course all if these incidents were from 2 clients and they ruined it for everyone else.
TwinKristi 09:47 AM 11-25-2013
I would send out a reminder to "everyone" of how drop-off and pick-up should go, between these hours and we do NOT park in other people's driveways, facing the wrong direction, blocking other cars, etc. and if we can maintain this procedure it works out best for everyone. Don't point them out specifically, but be sure to cover their actions in your procedures. It may be passive aggressive but you don't want a confrontation ya know? My DCPs often park the wrong way, block my driveway and such which sometimes prevents my dh from parking when he gets home at the same time.
williams2008 09:54 AM 11-25-2013
I have a parent that will pull in behind a parent getting in their car to back out. Then when she get in her to pick up dcg she doesn't be in any hurry to get back to her car. I think that is sooo rude, I have talked to her about it so much you would think she would've gotten it by now
EchoMom 12:30 PM 11-25-2013
Wow, thanks for sharing. These stories are ridiculous, but I totally believe them! Some people can only see things from THEIR OWN view.
JoseyJo 12:51 PM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I have a parent that will pull in behind a parent getting in their car to back out. Then when she get in her to pick up dcg she doesn't be in any hurry to get back to her car. I think that is sooo rude, I have talked to her about it so much you would think she would've gotten it by now
Yep- some people are totally clueless. I had a DCM who did the exact same thing, no matter how many times I talked to her about it- the dcm who got their right before her and was always blocked in couldn't resist doing a happy dance the day the other family left for K
MotherNature 05:31 AM 11-26-2013
My mom does this-parks in my neighbour's driveway at times. we have a street where you can only park on one side, & full of older houses & most do not have driveways..just parking pads out back on alleys. Last time she pulled in to back up nd face the right way, right as my neighbours were coming & going. He is in and out all day as he owns handyman business. I had to apologize for my mom, but I have had a client park across their drive too at pick up right as he was getting home. Had to tell them not to do that, just idle their car on my side of the road. It's wide enough for 2 cars. You just can't park permanently on my side.
lovemylife 06:01 AM 11-26-2013
My husband drove in the grass this summer and pulled up to the front door so the groceries wouldn't get soaked since it was pouring. A week later everyone got here at the same time so there was no room in the drive way. The dad parked in our grass by the front door.

I was pretty shocked! He acted like it was no big deal. Yes, my husband did it but it is our yard.
Lucy 10:28 AM 11-26-2013
I hate when they block the driveway where my husband's car would go. Let's say his car is not there... they park in the street, but blocking the driveway where he parks... he comes home and has to sit in the street and wait for them to move.

OR... if his car IS there, they still block it and he can't leave to go to the hardware store or something until they leave. It's just common sense, people!

Also, my last pickup of the day will park where she's blocking MY car on the other side of the driveway. I leave at the same time she leaves so that I can go take care of my mom. I've done it for 2 1/2 years. I get in my car, start it up, and have to wait for her to pull away before I can back out. Again, it's just common sense, people!!!
sleepinghart 11:08 AM 11-26-2013
Originally Posted by EchoMom:
DCD arrives late this morning (becoming a pattern... They were told our drop off times are between 7:30-9am only). He then completely pulls into the across the street neighbor's driveway and runs his child across the street to drop off with us. We have plenty of street parking in front of our house.

So my assistant politely tells him that it's not a good idea to park in neighbor's driveway because they may get upset. DCD doesn't apologize just seems offended and says he didn't think they would mind
. He has no clue, how can he assume. Just totally annoys me.

I have one neighbor who if our package is delivered to her house, will keep our package in her garage for weeks and weeks until I finally catch her to get it from her.

I have another neighbor who also does home daycare and needs her drive for her own pick ups and drop offs.

I have another neighbor who is totally persnickety about everything that is HIS.

So it's completely not out of line for us to say don't park in neighbor's driveway. I think it's rude, but even moreso, rude he didn't apologize but acted like WE were being uptight. WE'RE not being uptight, we're saying we have some uptight neighbors!

Grr. Totally trying to start this week happy and in a good mood, but people can be so rude!
~! ...Let's just hope he doesn't do that again ever! Great Beginnings sums up my immediate thoughts on this in her bolded & colored below.......

Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
I have a very long driveway. It can easily fit 8 cars. I have parents that refuse to pull in because they don't want to be blocked and then other parents come and just drive up on my lawn! I just wish I knew what went through the minds of some people!
~I know...I really, really wish I knew, but unfortunately that is all I can do and that bothers me.

Originally Posted by williams2008:
~OMGosh! That is totally rude too wow! What does she say when you talk to her?
Reply Up