Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have.....
thetoddlerwhisper 09:03 AM 12-23-2013
5 kids in my class today. (we combined infants 1s and 2s today) 1 is a single parent who is off work all week and had all weekend to do shopping and such while the girls were with mom. 1 dad is at home jobless and mom works here with preschool hes leaving at 2. 1 mom works for post office swears she works ALL week but last i checked post office wasnt open for holidays? 1 lives with grandparents who dont work AT ALL and she orders everything online so im sure shopping is done. 1 is getting over rsv (4mnths) grandparents live with mom and dont work. so basically i have a class of 5 when i should only have 1 and he has a 17yr old sister at home. why do they do this?
racemom 09:25 AM 12-23-2013
I know how you feel. Friday afternoon I had 3 in my room 1 year olds. One mom is a college professor and was off on break all ready, one who is a student so also off, and the other child had a morning doctor appointment and was brought after because mom had things to do. Everyone else was picked up early for various reasons. We close at 5:30 guess what time these were picked up. Yep 5:30! I just remind myself this is why these little people need us!
thetoddlerwhisper 09:28 AM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by racemom:
I know how you feel. Friday afternoon I had 3 in my room 1 year olds. One mom is a college professor and was off on break all ready, one who is a student so also off, and the other child had a morning doctor appointment and was brought after because mom had things to do. Everyone else was picked up early for various reasons. We close at 5:30 guess what time these were picked up. Yep 5:30! I just remind myself this is why these little people need us!
dont think id mind as much if i didnt feel bad myself. but at least there all asleep think it will be a nap as long as you want day
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:30 AM 12-23-2013
I have all 6 kids today. All parents are at work. I don't mind though if they bring them so they can get something done I like them on schedule.
Post Office, she could be working all week. Yup post office has Christmas Day deliver. (not general just packages)
Brooksie 09:37 AM 12-23-2013
Today is my only day I'm open this week. One of my dcbs is only Tues-Fri but I told dcm to bring him today so she could get stuff done. She is a single mother who works 2 jobs full time so I'm happy I could help her out. Also gave me a chance to put together something cute for her with the help of her little guy.

Normally that kind of stuff bugs me a bit but right now I have a family whose dad is unemployed and if I complained that they should keep dcb home because of it I would be out of a kid.
cheerfuldom 09:45 AM 12-23-2013
I really don't care what the parents are doing as long as they pay their bill. When I go back to work, I am sure there will be times when I send my kids to daycare so I can get other stuff done. Yes you can take a kid shopping with you, I regularly take all four of mine, but it is so much easier to do it alone. I try not to be too hard on parents but also, I rarely work with parents that truly take advantage and send in sick kids and never have a day home with their kids so I see the provider's side as well. We went these little guys to have time with their parents!
thetoddlerwhisper 09:48 AM 12-23-2013
i think the worst part is except for the preschool teachers lil guy they will all be here until at least 500 possibly 530
Laurel 10:11 AM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
5 kids in my class today. (we combined infants 1s and 2s today) 1 is a single parent who is off work all week and had all weekend to do shopping and such while the girls were with mom. 1 dad is at home jobless and mom works here with preschool hes leaving at 2. 1 mom works for post office swears she works ALL week but last i checked post office wasnt open for holidays? 1 lives with grandparents who dont work AT ALL and she orders everything online so im sure shopping is done. 1 is getting over rsv (4mnths) grandparents live with mom and dont work. so basically i have a class of 5 when i should only have 1 and he has a 17yr old sister at home. why do they do this?
Grandparents may not have the patience or health to want to watch a baby especially if their house is not baby proofed. They may have other plans. My 2 provider friends and I are grandma's but we have been doing this for years. We are finding it harder now and some grandma's just never were cut out for it. The one who lives with grandparents especially may need a break from the baby.

The single parent may have technically had enough time to shop or maybe just needed some time for him/herself. My daughter is a single parent and she doesn't ask me to watch my grandson (since I have him all day) but I still offer one night a week so she can have a break. Also having enough time to shop doesn't always mean they CAN shop then. Maybe they need to wait for another paycheck. I remember shopping at the last minute when I was a stay at home mom and not doing daycare because we didn't have the money earlier.

Well you asked for reasons.....

It does suck when you know someone is just slacking off but, then again, maybe they aren't. I'm sorry you don't feel well.

Laurel
racemom 10:17 AM 12-23-2013
I think it's okay for parents to take time to themselves, I guess I was thinking of my 3 on Friday whose parents never keep them home. One of the moms said I feel bad bringing him when I have time off, but I can't get anything done with him. The other two are the ones who 2 or 3 times a week are picked up by someone else or spend every weekend with grandparents. Which is why it bothers me!
cheerfuldom 10:24 AM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by racemom:
I think it's okay for parents to take time to themselves, I guess I was thinking of my 3 on Friday whose parents never keep them home. One of the moms said I feel bad bringing him when I have time off, but I can't get anything done with him. The other two are the ones who 2 or 3 times a week are picked up by someone else or spend every weekend with grandparents. Which is why it bothers me!
see the last scenario would bother me. I don't understand when parents have regular evening sitters and weekend sitters and gym and church daycares when the kids are at daycare already for 50 hours a week. It is very sad to see because you wonder when they are ever around their parents. I understand single parents have a more challenging time of it but to be honest, I find two parent homes to worse with this type of thing then single parents. My friend takes care of a baby that is picked up from her house and dropped off at an evening daycare. This child is regularly going days without seeing mom much at all besides in the car for transport.
Laurel 10:39 AM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
see the last scenario would bother me. I don't understand when parents have regular evening sitters and weekend sitters and gym and church daycares when the kids are at daycare already for 50 hours a week. It is very sad to see because you wonder when they are ever around their parents. I understand single parents have a more challenging time of it but to be honest, I find two parent homes to worse with this type of thing then single parents. My friend takes care of a baby that is picked up from her house and dropped off at an evening daycare. This child is regularly going days without seeing mom much at all besides in the car for transport.
Wow, that is sad.

Laurel
Reply Up