Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Child left unattended
Unregistered 10:43 AM 12-11-2008
My daycare lady has a licensed business out of her home. I arrived at my daycare yesterday to find my 5 month old daughter in my son's carseat in her garage with the garage door open. My daycare provider was down the street - completely out of sight - with the rest of the kids in her car (there are 4 kids altogether including my daughter) for about 10 minutes. I soothed my son and when she came home she asked if she forgot him. With the way the carseat was on the floor, it was possible that she could have backed over the carseat on her way out of the garage. My daughter will not return, but I was wondering if I should report her to the state. I don't want her to lose her license in this economy...
MissLisa 10:51 PM 12-11-2008
I am a daycare owner... and I will be the first to tell you that YOU MUST call the state..... there wouldn't be a second thought... It isn't about her losing her job... if that happens... sorry about her luck...but what can you say to the parent that loses a CHILD over her stupdity.... and neglegence... She may not lose her job... she will get a big slap on the hand..but it is well deserved... you NEED TO CALL... chance her losing her job... or chance some parent losing a CHILD...
Unregistered 08:00 AM 12-12-2008
I'm with you on this Miss Lisa. There are so many "what ifs". I think that this provider may need more schooling. Turn her in!
Ms.Sue 11:08 AM 12-12-2008
most certainly call. It's business ---not personal

(and chances are -she won't lose her license - she will be spoken to and documented - that's probably about it )......

Call.
Unregistered 01:50 PM 12-12-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My daycare lady has a licensed business out of her home. I arrived at my daycare yesterday to find my 5 month old daughter in my son's carseat in her garage with the garage door open. My daycare provider was down the street - completely out of sight - with the rest of the kids in her car (there are 4 kids altogether including my daughter) for about 10 minutes. I soothed my son and when she came home she asked if she forgot him. With the way the carseat was on the floor, it was possible that she could have backed over the carseat on her way out of the garage. My daughter will not return, but I was wondering if I should report her to the state. I don't want her to lose her license in this economy...
oh yes... report her!!! I am a daycare provider and would Never Never do something like that. That is how people get hurt
Unregistered 10:06 PM 12-13-2008
I can not belive you care about your provider in hard times over your children.
You can replace your provider but not your children. Your provider gives DAY CARE a bad name. I have been in the field of Child Care for twenty plus years.
Unregistered 03:34 PM 12-15-2008
I am a daycare provider. This provider is the kind of person that makes other providers look bad AND scares the heck out of parents. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, however, that is not a mistake, it is INTENTIONAL child endangerment, neglect, unprofessionalism.
In my opinion, it is yours and every other adults duty to report what was seen (neighbors, other parents, etc...)
Good luck.
God bless you and Merry Christmas : )
Reply Up