Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Paragraph For My Handbook
Poptarts22 08:19 AM 01-25-2018
For parents restocking their supply of diapers and wipes here at daycare. Please refrain from ordering 8 (yes 8!) cases of diapers and FOUR cases of wipes and then proceed to have them shipped HERE for me to STORE! I do not have the room, nor desire, to keep them in my home
Unregistered 08:27 AM 01-25-2018
Providers complain the parents don't bring enough diapers and providers complain the parents bring too many diapers. Guess there is no pleasing some providers. I would just tell the parent face to face instead of writing an entire paragraph for your handbook. The parent might have thought they were doing a good thing by being so prepared.
CityGarden 08:49 AM 01-25-2018
LOL!!!

I do not tell parents what they are not allowed to do rather I tell them what is wanted. I say something along the lines of: If your child is not yet toilet trained please stock a weekly supply of pull up and wipes in your child's cubby and check it daily.

I am also starting to become quite detailed in my supply list.... I ask for exactly what I want them to bring.
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
LOL!!!

I do not tell parents what they are not allowed to do rather I tell them what is wanted. I say something along the lines of: If your child is not yet toilet trained please stock a weekly supply of pull up and wipes in your child's cubby and check it daily.

I am also starting to become quite detailed in my supply list.... I ask for exactly what I want them to bring.
That is what I do as well. I do have storage available but not for a pallet of diapers...just a month's worth and its dependent on how many other kids I have in diapers.

Right now I have 3 out of 12 in diapers. Each of those three families brings me a box of diapers (about a months supply) but ALL families bring one refill package of wet wipes for each child (in diapers or underwear) every month.

I can store that.
Anything else and I'd be nuts trying to manage it all.
bklsmum 09:14 AM 01-25-2018
This is why I just supply everything! Much easier on all IMO.
Ariana 11:06 AM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Providers complain the parents don't bring enough diapers and providers complain the parents bring too many diapers. Guess there is no pleasing some providers. I would just tell the parent face to face instead of writing an entire paragraph for your handbook. The parent might have thought they were doing a good thing by being so prepared.
Seriously? I think mainly providers expect common sense.
storybookending 11:17 AM 01-25-2018
I wish all my parents did this! I have the means to store them though. I actually suggest it to new families or they can bring me a box/pack at a time. I really don’t care either way but I’m bothering them a lot less if they can financially afford to stock me up real good.
momofsix 11:21 AM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Poptarts22:
For parents restocking their supply of diapers and wipes here at daycare. Please refrain from ordering 8 (yes 8!) cases of diapers and FOUR cases of wipes and then proceed to have them shipped HERE for me to STORE! I do not have the room, nor desire, to keep them in my home
Sorry, but that really did make me
daycarediva 11:27 AM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
This is why I just supply everything! Much easier on all IMO.
Yep.

They need clothes when they start, I'll even wash those. Easier and sanity saving.
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I don't see lack of common sense here from either side.

I see a parent that thought she was being prepared.

If there had been previous discussions about diapers, storage and available space I would understand better but just from what the OP posted... I guess I don't see anything but the humor in it all.
Ariana 12:54 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Common sense would be asking the provider if she had room for 8 cases of diapers and 4 cases of wipes before sending them. It sounds like the OP did not want them to be sent!
AmyKidsCo 01:04 PM 01-25-2018

I wouldn't have room to store all of those, except in the attic. Then I'd probably forget they were up there and have the parent bring more a month later.
CityGarden 01:10 PM 01-25-2018
I find the challenge with that many (in addition to storing them) is how quickly the children grow out of one size.....
HappyEverAfter 04:39 PM 01-25-2018
I wish I had that problem, lol. I have one parent who is tight with diapers for some reason and so I’m constantly asking her to send some in. An example, I told her on Friday that dck would need diapers on Monday and that I only had 3 left on hand. She came in Monday morning with 8 diapers and said here are those diapers you needed for this week. What the heck am I supposed to do with just 8 diapers? Her kid is here 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week. So of course on Tuesday I had to request more diapers. Then again on Friday. I do understand storage could be a problem but I’d figure it out some way or another.
mommyneedsadayoff 04:47 PM 01-25-2018

If there had been previous discussions about diapers, storage and available space I would understand better but just from what the OP posted... I guess I don't see anything but the humor in it all.
How much is 8 cases? Does that mean 8 boxes, because that is like a 1000 diapers and I just can't imagine even a new parent supplying that much! I mean, kudos to them for being proactive, but diaper deliveries should be made to the home and then bring box every two weeks or whatever. I agree with Ariana...common sense should prevail. For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment!
284878 04:52 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Poptarts22:
Did you say anything to the parents, did they really intend for you to store all those?
I would be handing them back to them at pick up and say, oops you had your whole order shipped here. Please take them with you when you leave.
sahm1225 05:46 PM 01-25-2018
My guess is that they meant to order 1 box and accidentally clicked on 8?
Ariana 11:20 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
How much is 8 cases? Does that mean 8 boxes, because that is like a 1000 diapers and I just can't imagine even a new parent supplying that much! I mean, kudos to them for being proactive, but diaper deliveries should be made to the home and then bring box every two weeks or whatever. I agree with Ariana...common sense should prevail. For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment!
I was wondering if it was a passive agressive way for the parent to get back at the provider for constantly asking for diapers
Unregistered 07:06 AM 01-26-2018
For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment!
I was being light hearted. I even added a smilie face to show it. I am also an avid member of this board and see which posters complain more than others and which offer help and support more than others so my comment was my opinion. I didn't say anything personal. I said some providers. I didn't say anything about any one specific. I do agree though that sometimes we get too few diapers and sometimes we get too many but sometimes communication with the parent works a whole lot better than complaining or even writing up a whole paragraph in your handbook. Plus the provider gave no backstory or any details about whether this was a parent that didn't bring enough diapers normally or was an overly prepared parent that probably goes over board about allot of things so without any of that the intent comes across differently to every reader. Telling me my opinion is disrespectful is disrespectful as well and it just proves my point.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 01-26-2018
I didn't think unregistered poster was being disrespectful I chuckled at the comment and wondered myself if it wasn't like Ariana said below... something deeper between the provider and parent going on.

I don't know... but I've seen some pretty disrespectful comments get posted on the forum now and then and I have to say Unregistered said a couple things I found myself nodding in agreement to but it's all in perspective I guess.

I don't have storage issues so Fed-Ex suddenly showed up here with 8 cases of diapers, I'd laugh out loud and find it highly amusing.

But I can also totally understand how the whole situation wouldn't be that funny if you struggle with storage space so I can see comments be taken in multiple ways. Some offensive and some not...kwim?

I was wondering if it was a passive agressive way for the parent to get back at the provider for constantly asking for diapers
That thought crossed my mind immediately as well...
mommyneedsadayoff 07:36 AM 01-26-2018
I didn't think unregistered poster was being disrespectful I chuckled at the comment and wondered myself if it wasn't like Ariana said below... something deeper between the provider and parent going on.

I don't know... but I've seen some pretty disrespectful comments get posted on the forum now and then and I have to say Unregistered said a couple things I found myself nodding in agreement to but it's all in perspective I guess.

I don't have storage issues so Fed-Ex suddenly showed up here with 8 cases of diapers, I'd laugh out loud and find it highly amusing.

But I can also totally understand how the whole situation wouldn't be that funny if you struggle with storage space so I can see comments be taken in multiple ways. Some offensive and some not...kwim?

That thought crossed my mind immediately as well...
Very true! Tone is often hard to "hear"! If they have a great dc relationship, I am sure it was a funny moment, but if not, then maybe it was passive aggressive? The OP didn't "sound" happy to me if that makes sense. I found the "I guess there is no pleasing some providers" comment to be a bit disrespectful because we don't know the back story, so it wasn't a helpful comment, imo, but again, tone is so hard to dtermine and that may not have been their intention at all.

Honestly, all I could think of with the OP's comment is how many people I see selling cases of diapers on our local buy & sell page, because they buy way too many of one size and the kid outgrows them! Hopefully the OP has a good thing going with the parnt and they can laugh about it later!
284878 05:55 AM 01-27-2018
Ok I clothed diapered my dd, so I have been wondering...... Would 8 cases of one size be to much, even if the child just started this size? Of course I know it depends on the age of the child plus other factors but 8 cases (unless they are really small cases) seems like alot just for one child for one size.
Tags:diaper storage, diaper supply, diapers, handbook - revisions, too many diapers
Reply Up