Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with wording please.
laundrymom 07:10 AM 02-03-2015
I have one family and the Mom changed jobs. New job ends an hour later than the old job but I didn't know this until yesterday when she picked up late. How do I word the contract change to include new rate to cover 5 extra hours per week?
daycare 08:49 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have one family and the Mom changed jobs. New job ends an hour later than the old job but I didn't know this until yesterday when she picked up late. How do I word the contract change to include new rate to cover 5 extra hours per week?
what does your policy say about over time fees?

Mine states your contract covers 9.5 hours of care each day. Any additional time used outside this time block will be charged at the rate of $1.50 for every additional 15 min.
laundrymom 09:10 AM 02-03-2015
It says their contract is from 8-4. Late fees are $15 for first 15 min. $1 per minute afterwards.
Second Home 09:45 AM 02-03-2015
So she took a new job with new hours and did not check with you to be sure you could keep the dck for the extra hour ?
daycarediva 09:51 AM 02-03-2015
I would just say- "Dcm, congratulations on the new job! You picked up at 5 yesterday instead of 4, I assume your hours changed? Are your hours going to be 8-5 now? I will print out a new contract with updated hours for you to sign." and then I would hand it to her at drop off the next morning with the new rate highlighted, and attach an invoice with the difference in rates for this week, and the new rate for next week.
laundrymom 10:14 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
So she took a new job with new hours and did not check with you to be sure you could keep the dck for the extra hour ?
Exactly
laundrymom 10:19 AM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would just say- "Dcm, congratulations on the new job! You picked up at 5 yesterday instead of 4, I assume your hours changed? Are your hours going to be 8-5 now? I will print out a new contract with updated hours for you to sign." and then I would hand it to her at drop off the next morning with the new rate highlighted, and attach an invoice with the difference in rates for this week, and the new rate for next week.
Oh she texted me last night. She knows I'm angry and won't put up with it. She wants to change to five hours more per week. So I have taken advice here and drafted "contract change" form.

Request to Change Childcare Contract
Date of request: ___________ Date Approved __________
Initiated by:
Parent _______ Provider ________
eason for change:

Details of change:
-
____________________________________________________________________________ .
Change pertains only to items listed on this form and doesn’t void parts of original contract.

Provider Signature/Date:___________________________________________________

Parent Signature/Date: ____________________________________________________
Reply Up