Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>There Is Always That One Kid!
crazydaycarelady 11:26 AM 02-03-2015
I realized yesterday (when he was sick) just how pleasant the day can be with him not here. He is 18mos and whines incessantly, drags everything out and is a horrible napper who keeps everyone else awake. *sigh*
CraftyMom 11:32 AM 02-03-2015
Mine is 9 months old, he also was not here yesterday. What a difference!
Heidi 11:40 AM 02-03-2015
I've got two stinkers right now.

Kiddo 1 is only 4 months old, and I don't know what his problemo is. Every day, no fail, he screams his bloody head of from 11;00-11:45. I've tried changing eating times, changing naps, checking diapers, different positions, feeding him an extra feeding. Nope, nothing works, except MAYBE carrying him around (but no guarantee), which leaves one hand to make lunch with, change 4 toddlers, and get them seated and served. Poor guy, poor us! I hope he outgrows it soon.

Kiddo 2 has 2 weeks left before new sib comes. He's been here since he was 12 weeks old (he's 26 months now). He has become a little turkey. Screams,hits, pushes, and yells half of nap time. He's dead tired but won't sleep, acts like separating from his parents is going to kill him (this is new), and generally causes trouble. I will miss him, though, because he also has the sweetest smile and he's so dang cute when he says "Hi, Heidi!" or "Gooood Mooorning!".
crazydaycarelady 12:09 PM 02-03-2015
This one is moving in May and I am not sad. He stresses everyone out, my family, the other kids, me. He just stands in his pac-n-play and screams, never will go to sleep. I don't have another room to put him in unless I go upstairs but I think that is against rules.
AuntTami 03:03 PM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I've got two stinkers right now.

Kiddo 1 is only 4 months old, and I don't know what his problemo is. Every day, no fail, he screams his bloody head of from 11;00-11:45. I've tried changing eating times, changing naps, checking diapers, different positions, feeding him an extra feeding. Nope, nothing works, except MAYBE carrying him around (but no guarantee), which leaves one hand to make lunch with, change 4 toddlers, and get them seated and served. Poor guy, poor us! I hope he outgrows it soon.

Kiddo 2 has 2 weeks left before new sib comes. He's been here since he was 12 weeks old (he's 26 months now). He has become a little turkey. Screams,hits, pushes, and yells half of nap time. He's dead tired but won't sleep, acts like separating from his parents is going to kill him (this is new), and generally causes trouble. I will miss him, though, because he also has the sweetest smile and he's so dang cute when he says "Hi, Heidi!" or "Gooood Mooorning!".
Heidi-- can you wear the little one in a wrap or sling? Then you'd have both hands!!

I have that kiddo too, he's 19 mos old and whines constantly. If he's not whining, he's crying. If he's not crying, he's BEGGING to be picked up. And if you say no, he throws himself down in a temper tantrum. He's so sweet though, it's hard not to love him
Heidi 04:00 PM 02-03-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Heidi-- can you wear the little one in a wrap or sling? Then you'd have both hands!!

I have that kiddo too, he's 19 mos old and whines constantly. If he's not whining, he's crying. If he's not crying, he's BEGGING to be picked up. And if you say no, he throws himself down in a temper tantrum. He's so sweet though, it's hard not to love him
No!

Although I am really anti-slinging (lol), I would consider and exception for him if I thought it would help. It won't.

First, I'm 50, and he's almost 20 lbs. Too heavy for me. I have 4 toddlers, one of which is a 35 lb hulk, and there is no way I could wear a baby and change him. Lastly and more importantly, I don't think it would do the trick. He's only a bit better when being carried around. He's not really what I'd call happy.

I personally think it's a stomach issue. Reflux, maybe. He also arches his back a lot, fusses at the bottle (this is relatively new behavior), is really hard to burp, and spits up a lot. His mom nurses and expresses, but we do some formula, too, because she can't quite pump enough. She's changed her diet (dropped all the major culprits). Hopefully, he'll outgrow it before we all go bonkers. He's fussy for mom, too, and at other times, but 11-11:45 daily is just pretty awful.
Tags:nap - disruptions, nap - early wake up, won't sleep
Reply Up