Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Care To Check My Supplies List?
badams 07:35 AM 12-14-2011
I'm starting an in-home daycare at the beginning of February, so I'm getting a list of supplies together.

The age group for care would be toddler-school age.

Here's my current list by category:

Blackcat31 07:50 AM 12-14-2011
Your list looks great! are you planning on enrolling with the food program?

Are you going to be supplying the diapers and wipes? I would also be a bit cautious about offering to supply diaper rash cream in case of any allergies or parent preferances.

Also wanted to mention if you are taking mainly toddlers, don't forget the pack and plays or a crib. Those are essential when you have young toddlers who do not know how to lay on a nap mat yet. And don't forget a potty chair or toddler toilet seat.

Those are the only things I noticed missing right off...otherwise it looks as though you are pretty prepared.... Nice list!
badams 08:02 AM 12-14-2011
I haven't thought about the food program as of yet, since I'm still in the process of making a business plan and getting prepared for the licensing process, but it's definitely something I'll consider in the future.

I thought about buying extra diapers and wipes and putting them in storage just in case I run out. I wanted to put in my contract that the parents supply both and then I'd have a little cushion if that supply was out.Good point about the diaper cream though. Maybe I should have parents supply that just in case.

Thanks for mentioning the potty training and nap time supplies, I've added those to my current list.
Michelle 08:40 AM 12-14-2011
Blank contracts, enrollment forms, and don't buy melamine plates/bowels... the kids might throw/drop them and they do break.
good list.. and don't forget the tylenol for you at night
daycare 09:00 AM 12-14-2011
look into an accounting program called MMK or minute menu kids. It is my can't live without daycare item...
badams 09:39 AM 12-14-2011
Thanks for the suggestion of MMK. I've seen that around here, but I didn't know what it was. This program will help me tremendously.

I have blank contract and enrollment forms. I've made a note of the melamine and tylenol , thank you.
MommieNana4 10:43 AM 12-14-2011
If you plan to do daily reports for the parents check out www.baby-connect.com.
Abigail 11:02 AM 12-14-2011
Empty plastic bags (grocery bags) for blow-outs and clothes that become too wet to wear.....water play, drool, snow if you get any! LOL

A place for kids to put all their personal belongings like a long wall hook for jackets and a rug for the boots/shoes and a basket for the extra clothing. I agree with others about not getting the diaper cream. I also wouldn't buy the diapers until you have kids enrolled or else you may end with all potty trained kids or the wrong size of spare diaper.

Make sure you have plenty of tissues, toilet paper, paper towels (if you use for hand drying since you're not licensed you're not required), soap for hand washing. Cleaning supplies is another item people may forget about. Choose what you will use for cleaning and make sure you have enough cleaning rags to do it daily.
Michael 02:37 PM 12-14-2011
SilverSabre25 had a great list here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26806
Tags:supplies, supplies list
Reply Up