Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Any Stephen King Fans Here?
Josiegirl 03:31 PM 03-30-2015
I'm about 250 pages into 11/22/63. Great book so far. I haven't read any of his for years(I seriously started getting nightmares from some of them LOL) but I read a book of short stories recently and now this one. Next up is Under The Dome.

So, any SK recommendations?
nanglgrl 04:38 PM 03-30-2015
I like all Stephen king, next try some dean Koontz, they are very similar. My oldest sons name is Gage (like from pet cemetery)
Blackcat31 05:15 PM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I'm about 250 pages into 11/22/63. Great book so far. I haven't read any of his for years(I seriously started getting nightmares from some of them LOL) but I read a book of short stories recently and now this one. Next up is Under The Dome.

So, any SK recommendations?
I Stephen King!!

I really liked 11/22/63 alot!

Other MUST reads are Duma Key (my favorite!) and Under the Dome. (Skip the tv seriers ) but read the book for sure!

Also liked Joyland alot but its a shorter novella verses his regular lenghtier books.
Maggie 12:24 PM 03-31-2015
I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz too. 11/22/63 was awesome. I didn't think it would be something that interested me but I loved it and probably will read it again. I agree with Blackcat about Under the Dome book was great, tv series horrible. The Green Mile was a really good Stephen King book, I even liked the movie.
Bookworm 02:13 PM 03-31-2015
11/22/63 was awesome. Try Revival. I finished it last week and it was very good.
Blackcat31 03:03 PM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
11/22/63 was awesome. Try Revival. I finished it last week and it was very good.
That is next on my list of books to read.

I wanted to read Mr Mercedes but just can't bring myself to do it since the main character in the book is named Brady and that is my son's name.

Stephen King does such a great job of making his characters seem really real that I just don't think I can get past that.
Bookworm 05:36 PM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is next on my list of books to read.

I wanted to read Mr Mercedes but just can't bring myself to do it since the main character in the book is named Brady and that is my son's name.

Stephen King does such a great job of making his characters seem really real that I just don't think I can get past that.
I tried Mr. Mercedes and I couldn't make it half way. I wasted an audible selection on it. Can't wait for Finders Jeepers though.
Second Home 11:31 AM 04-01-2015
I have read just about every Stephen King book out there . Liked them all .

And let's say I refuse to ever drive through Derry , just seeing the highway signs gave me the creeps.
Maggie 04:26 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I have read just about every Stephen King book out there . Liked them all .

And let's say I refuse to ever drive through Derry , just seeing the highway signs gave me the creeps.
And because of "IT" I now have a fear of clowns!
Bookworm 05:58 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Maggie:
And because of "IT" I now have a fear of clowns!
. I watched with my cousin when it premiered and we taped the curtains to the wall so nothing could see in.
Sugar Magnolia 06:06 AM 04-12-2015
He lives in my town......well Casey Key actually. Nice pad. I've seen him several times. He charges his electric car at City Hall. Cool dude. His work scares the crap outta me though.
Fjordbak 01:07 AM 04-16-2015
I am reading 11/22/63 at the moment and really like it. I like his books very much and I think my favorite is Bag of Bones.

Rikke
Josiegirl 02:44 AM 04-16-2015
I'd really like to meet someone who writes like this and get into his mind. I mean, how does one think in their normal day to create stories like this??
Hmm, Bag of Bones, another one to add to 'the list'.
Bookworm 05:34 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I'd really like to meet someone who writes like this and get into his mind. I mean, how does one think in their normal day to create stories like this??
Hmm, Bag of Bones, another one to add to 'the list'.
I definitely do not want to be in his mind. He can take the simplest thing and make it scary. St. Bernard dogs (Cujo), clowns (It), random junk from a pawn shop (Needful Things), the Prom (Carrie), children's action figures (The Regulators). I could go on forever.
AmyKidsCo 01:30 PM 04-23-2015
Not since It - that one scared the pants off of me!! I couldn't be in the bathroom with the door closed for years.
Maggie 08:25 AM 12-30-2015
I just found out that 11/22/63 is going to be a movie! I guess more of a mini series because I believe it's 10 episodes. It starts on February 15 and its going to be on hulu. (I think it's called hulu similar to Netflix) I really hope they don't ruin it like they've done to so many of his other books.
Reply Up