Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Measles Outbreak in Illinois Childcare
Unregistered 08:32 AM 02-06-2015
Has anyone heard about this. Just read the article where there are five confirmed cases of the measles all in infants. The infants aren't old enough for the vaccine.
hope 08:42 AM 02-06-2015
This is the reason I will only accept children that are immunized. I understand that it is a parents choice to vax or not. What these same parents don't seem to understand is that their unvax child can get the measles and pass along to the infants who are too young to vax, seniors or people with compromised immune systems. I keep hearing that i should not worry about someone elses child not being vax if my child is. But this right here proves that unvax children do threaten others health.
LysesKids 11:37 AM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
This is the reason I will only accept children that are immunized. I understand that it is a parents choice to vax or not. What these same parents don't seem to understand is that their unvax child can get the measles and pass along to the infants who are too young to vax, seniors or people with compromised immune systems. I keep hearing that i should not worry about someone elses child not being vax if my child is. But this right here proves that unvax children do threaten others health.
Of course when a provider only takes infants it's sort of hard to mandate certain vaxes especially when there are medical issues (one of my Foster babies) or in the case of my crew, 3 of 4 are too young to get certain ones yet; I can't even get an MMR booster due to medical restrictions... if I worked for Kindercare I would be out of a job now because they are requiring all providers working with the littles to be vaxed
hope 11:48 AM 02-06-2015
I understand there are reasons some children can not be vaxed. In another post nan comented that maybe in the future there will be a big divide in terms of day care. I think it's good that everyone is discussing the issue. Hopefully it doesn't have to get too far out of hand before resolution comes along.
sahm1225 11:53 AM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Of course when a provider only takes infants it's sort of hard to mandate certain vaxes especially when there are medical issues (one of my Foster babies) or in the case of my crew, 3 of 4 are too young to get certain ones yet; I can't even get an MMR booster due to medical restrictions... if I worked for Kindercare I would be out of a job now because they are requiring all providers working with the littles to be vaxed
In illinois we can accept medical or religious reasons for not vaccinating. One of the articles says that they think the first case was an adult which makes sense that kindercare is trying to cover their bases.
Reply Up