Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Unhappy Preparing Forms/Contract For First Home Visit

Hello,

I am currently in the process of getting a DCFS license in IL. I sent in medical/background check and blue print of the house. Called the rep couple times to schedule a first visit, but now it looks like he wont come in until he gets the:
1. contract including due diligence and requirements and expectations for parents
2. hazard protection plan
3. emergency fire evacuation plan
4. tornado drill plan

I thought these only needed to be shown at time of first visit. Maybe something changed.

Anyway, my question/request was for anyone who is already licensed in IL, could you please share an example of what an emergency/tornado/hazard plan looks like? I have no idea how extensive it needs to be but afraid this process will get stuck until the Rep gets what he wants, which I don’t even know what exactly he is looking for.

Someone told me a while back IL used to provide with like a sample daycare packet.. but not anymore.

Please help

julia@davidyan.net

Thanks,
Julia.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum Julia. Here is another post relating to a Hazard Plan. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20117
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Hazard Plan

Thanks Michael. I read that post. But i wanted to see somthing that was approved in IL.

Thanks,
Julia
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

hi - where in IL are you? I am in the process with licensing too.

I didnt get a sample packet either. Here is what I did:

hazard plan - explained that I live in a quiet residential street, talked about the potential hazards in the home (cleaning supplies in cabinets) and what I have done to make it child safe (added locks), mentioned my pets are all innoculated for rabies.

emergency fire plan - Google home childcare fire plans and you will get lots of ideas. I just went through those and made a bullet point of what I would do

tornado - same as the fire plan except that in this case we would meet in the 'safe room' (basement bedroom)

good luck!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

will email you my forms tomorrow - thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Thanks for the info. I am in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Did the forms you provided get approved?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Hazard Protection Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
will email you my forms tomorrow - thanks!
Hi Sahm1225,

Can you send me a copy of your hazardous protection plan? I'm having problems trying to develop what the DCFS rep is looking for. Me email is weeweecenter@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Can you also send me a copy of the forms submitted for licensing? I am hoping to get licensed and I live on the north side of Chicago. Please send to reneeslearningplace@gmail.com. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Emergency evacuation plan

Hello I am located in Connecticut and I was wondering if anyone had a sample emergency plan that was approved by DPH. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Licensed Provider

all the forms you can use, contract. Not for illinois in particular though.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...638#post158638
Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Default wondering did you get the forms? going through same process

I am in this same process, and wondering did the forms work for the harzard plans

Teachablemomentsdaycare@gmail.com

Tags
hazardous protection plan