Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pen Pals
Thriftylady 07:37 PM 07-21-2016
For everyone who signed up for the pen pal program, I hope it is going well! I wanted to remind everyone to please have your kiddos send letters, pictures whatever. I know of several children who have sent letters and have yet to receive anything in return. Please if you signed up be sure to send!
wonderfullisa 03:10 AM 07-22-2016
My kids are LOVING the penpal thing. They constantly ask if they have new mail.
Thanks, again, for setting things up!
Josiegirl 04:18 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by wonderfullisa:
My kids are LOVING the penpal thing. They constantly ask if they have new mail.
Thanks, again, for setting things up!
Awww, cute. Kids LOVE getting mail!!
childcaremom 05:04 AM 07-22-2016
I had to delay sending because Canada Post was threatening to go on strike.

I have tried sending messages through the private message thing but not sure if my match has been getting them. (it's not showing me any sent messages?)

So, if NoMoreJuice is reading this, we sent it about a week and a half ago. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get there!
LindseyA 05:20 AM 07-22-2016
Our match and my daycare have now sent 3 letters each. I am finding that it's become a little difficult, with summer in full swing, to get all the kids letters out at the same time. Different vacation schedules make it so a couple kids are waiting a week for so & so to get back, so we can all send our letters at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely necessary to send them all out at the same time. It just may take a little longer, is all. I keep telling my kids to be patient and letters will come
Thriftylady 05:35 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
Our match and my daycare have now sent 3 letters each. I am finding that it's become a little difficult, with summer in full swing, to get all the kids letters out at the same time. Different vacation schedules make it so a couple kids are waiting a week for so & so to get back, so we can all send our letters at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely necessary to send them all out at the same time. It just may take a little longer, is all. I keep telling my kids to be patient and letters will come

I am not sure it is a big deal to send them all at the same time. Some providers are matched up with more than one provider, so in that case there is no way the letters would get there at the same time anyway. As far as vacations, what one provider and I have done is let the other kids write a letter as a group to the penpal of the one on vacation.
LindseyA 05:45 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am not sure it is a big deal to send them all at the same time. Some providers are matched up with more than one provider, so in that case there is no way the letters would get there at the same time anyway. As far as vacations, what one provider and I have done is let the other kids write a letter as a group to the penpal of the one on vacation.
We are paired with only one daycare I do like the idea of one child writing a group letter if one or more are on vacation! Thanks for the tip thrifty! And thank you for taking the time and setting this whole thing up too!
284878 07:59 AM 07-22-2016
wait, how do I sign up?
Thriftylady 10:21 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
wait, how do I sign up?
Everyone signed up in the spring for summer pen pals. The list went out in May.
284878 10:54 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Everyone signed up in the spring for summer pen pals. The list went out in May.
So is through daycare.com? I want to mark my calendar for next year than.
Thriftylady 11:24 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
So is through daycare.com? I want to mark my calendar for next year than.
It was on the forum there was interest, and I agreed to coordinate it. Not sure about next year. I guess watch next spring and see.
Reply Up