Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracted Hours or Business Hours
Nikkisomething 11:55 AM 12-05-2013
My contract clearly states that my rates are based on a 9 hour day or a 45 hour week, even though my hours are 10 1/2 a day.
I have a DCF that has slowly begun taking advantage of my time. It started a few months ago, the DCM would bring her little girl to me about 30 minutes early. She started bringing her right at the time I would open, and not pick her up until 5 minutes before I closed. Often times the mom would still be in her pajamas. I started getting really annoyed. The day I decided to do something about it, she showed up right after I unlocked my door for the day, in her pajamas, and said "little girl" was being naughty, so she had to drop her off so she could get ready for work. I was beyond annoyed. I don't ever want my daycare kids to think of my house as being a punishment because the parents don't want to deal with them.
"Little girl" is just over a year old.
So I sent home a letter to all parents (not wanting to target just the one), reminding them of my rates and contract, and advised that I would start enforcing OT if their children are here beyond the contracted hours.
None of my other families had an issue with this, except this particular family. She claims that she needs her daughter to be here those hours because she can't do anything with her around.
She is still ranting and raving about it, and I'm about done. Ready to throw in the towel.
I feel like I keep my rates low (I'm the lowest in our area) and parents should respect that and respect my contract.
This mom just feels that my hours of operation should be her contracted hours and that her daughter should be allowed to be here for 10 1/2 hours a day, because she can't deal with getting things done with the little girl around.
I feel like I'd be willing to be a little more flexible if she needed these long hours because of her job, but in reality, she works part time (does not go to school) and only works about 10 minutes (in traffic) from my home.
Am I being unreasonable by telling her to get over it or find a new daycare for her daughter?
Up