Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare.com Product Research Panel - DAB
Michael 03:03 PM 11-09-2018
Several of you have engaged in our Product Panel in the past. I have a need again for those of you that want on a panel to test a childcare environment hand sanitizer called DAB.

Here is some information. Let me know if you are interested. I can have the product sent to you(its free) and would also need you to rate and answer a questionnaire about your opinion of the product. https://dabprotects.com/pages/about
Baby Beluga 03:38 PM 11-09-2018
I would be
BGM 03:52 PM 11-09-2018
That sounds really interesting. I'd try it!
sharlan 04:53 PM 11-09-2018
I'd love to try it out.
Blackcat31 04:53 PM 11-09-2018
I’m game again...
jenboo 11:11 PM 11-09-2018
Im interested. I only have a couple drop in kids right now so not sure if that's enough or not.
Michael 12:13 AM 11-10-2018
PM me your addresses. I will pick the first ten that show up here. I am on the edge of these California fires. I am one town over from Thousand Oaks and currently have no cable or internet access except for my phone. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out next week.
hottie8962 01:12 AM 11-10-2018
Id love to try it
Plars4891 02:56 PM 11-10-2018
I would love to try it!
e.j. 05:54 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
PM me your addresses. I will pick the first ten that show up here. I am on the edge of these California fires. I am one town over from Thousand Oaks and currently have no cable or internet access except for my phone. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out next week.
I've been watching the news for the past few days and seeing footage of the fires. It must be an incredibly scary time, being so close. Stay safe.
Ac114 05:58 PM 11-10-2018
I would love to try it!
sahm1225 04:13 PM 11-11-2018
I’m interested in trying too
Michael 06:42 PM 11-11-2018
It looks like we have our 10 panelists. Thanks to everyone for being a part of it. I will send you more information to your private messaging next week.
Michael 07:24 PM 11-12-2018
Just realized I only have 8 panelists. Need two more. If interested, PM me you name and address.
Michael 02:19 PM 11-28-2018
A follow up for the DAB product panel. We will be sending out your product soon.
Baby Beluga 07:11 PM 11-28-2018
A follow up for the DAB product panel. We will be sending out your product soon.
Looking forward to testing it out

Michael, how are you and your family doing after the fires?
Michael 10:33 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Looking forward to testing it out

Michael, how are you and your family doing after the fires?
We were fortunate, thanks. The fires were next to us and behind us. The winds were blowing them away from our house. I had all my fire retardant product and gear ready to go. Mailbu always gets the bad end of the fires since the Santa Ana winds blow toward the ocean.
Michael 01:26 AM 12-07-2018
The DAB sample products are going out tomorrow. Those that sent me their information- I need to you to PM me your phone number with area code for the FedEx airbill labels. Thx
Michael 04:13 PM 12-10-2018
I received my DAB sample and related information for our product panel. FedEx delivered. Anyone else get theirs?
sharlan 07:49 PM 12-10-2018
I received my DAB sample and related information for our product panel. FedEx delivered. Anyone else get theirs?
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to receive one or not, but I didn't.
turtle1 01:26 AM 12-11-2018
I received my sample and documentation yesterday. I will start using it next week.
DisneySitter 03:53 AM 12-11-2018
Mike - Is this still available as a panel or all spoken for? Would love to try it with the kids I watch
Blackcat31 05:55 AM 12-11-2018
Yes, mine arrived yesterday via FedEx.
Baby Beluga 06:24 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yes, mine arrived yesterday via FedEx.
Mine did as well
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Mine did as well
Is it me or does it kind of stink?
I think it has an odd plastic-y smell.
Almost as if they tried really hard to make it not smell but yet it does....
Baby Beluga 11:57 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Is it me or does it kind of stink?
I think it has an odd plastic-y smell.
Almost as if they tried really hard to make it not smell but yet it does....
Mine does as well. I think the bolded is the perfect description. It's similar to the body washes that say they are unscented, but you can smell the chemically-plasticy smell. Maybe it's the container its in?

I like that it's foam, but then I don't at the same time, hah. Whenever I've used gel (alcohol based hand sanitizer) on one of the kids it always falls off on the floor. The foam doesn't fall, so that's a plus. But, the foam is also harder to rub in.

I also don't like that it has dye in it I'm okay with it being clear and don't need the extra dye that serves no purpose. I know a lot of other people also avoid dyes when possible, especially with children. And since the reading material read as if this product was specifically marketed with teachers and kids in mind I think that is something to be mindful of.

The reading material also made it seem like this was only available to purchase through a subscription? Personally (and I may be the odd one out on this) I don't like subscription purchases. I am much more likely to purchase something at the store, and even more so via amazon.

Just thoughts as I've been using it.
jenboo 12:12 PM 12-11-2018
I received mine yesterday as well. So far I love it. I didn't notice a smell at all. I like that the foam rubs in easily. I like subscriptions because I don't have to think about it haha but it would be nice to be able to run to the store and grab a bottle.
Michael 12:52 PM 12-11-2018
I've used it on my hands the last two mornings. I don't smell anything and don't feel anything after it dries. This is the perfect time for me since this is when we tend to get change of season colds.
Michael 12:53 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by DisneySitter:
Mike - Is this still available as a panel or all spoken for? Would love to try it with the kids I watch
I am asking for more samples. You can send PM me your information just in case. I will be advertising DAB on Daycare.com since I believe this product will be well received by parents and providers.
CalCare 12:57 PM 12-11-2018
I received it and I liked that mine had no smell at all! And I agree I would never sign up for a subscription to hand sanitizer, or anything really. I would just buy online or at the local drugstore or supermarket. Also, I thought it was odd that they kept comparing it to alcohol based gels but not a comparable product. It seems the same as purell foam that's 2/$7 at stores EXCEPT the refreshing non-scent. So, idk yet, but I will continue trying it for two weeks as requested! I have nothing against it. I'm sure it works as stated (I can only assume!). But I do think the marketing seems misleading because they don't compare to a comparable product- unless I am confused.
Plars4891 10:34 AM 12-13-2018
I got mine the other day. So far it seems okay, no smell that I've noticed. It does seem to "fizz" on my palm when I first put it on (almost bubbles like peroxide does). I do like that there is no sticky residue or weird feeling on my hands after rubbing in.
Michael 02:01 PM 12-15-2018
I think DAB is great. I use it first thing in the morning and after it drives my hands feel normal, like there is nothing on them. I asked the DAB people about children using it and they said- "The product is safe for kids use. In fact, it’s safer than the alcohol based items like Purtell, etc."

As you can see I put up the ad on Daycare.com. I don't just put up anyone that wants to pay me. It has to be something that I feel would be good for providers and their facilities. I will be sending out more information on this product in an email blast after the year.

Those that are on our product panel, that have been sent the product, continue to use it for the two week trial period. I would like to keep as many of you as product testers as possible for future trials.
sharlan 06:52 PM 12-15-2018
I would be interested in other panels you have access to.
woods 10:50 PM 12-18-2018
Me too. I would love to help test products.
Snowmom 06:28 AM 12-19-2018
I think DAB is great. I use it first thing in the morning and after it drives my hands feel normal, like there is nothing on them. I asked the DAB people about children using it and they said- "The product is safe for kids use. In fact, it’s safer than the alcohol based items like Purtell, etc."

As you can see I put up the ad on Daycare.com. I don't just put up anyone that wants to pay me. It has to be something that I feel would be good for providers and their facilities. I will be sending out more information on this product in an email blast after the year.

Those that are on our product panel, that have been sent the product, continue to use it for the two week trial period. I would like to keep as many of you as product testers as possible for future trials.
Hmmm. I haven't gotten mine yet.
Firefly 07:56 AM 12-19-2018
I didn’t either.
Michael 11:51 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Hmmm. I haven't gotten mine yet.
Originally Posted by Firefly:
I didn’t either.
PM me you name and address again and I will check.
Michael 12:36 PM 12-20-2018
DAB chose from our list those that were from different areas. We are asking for more samples and are waiting on what they want to do. You can always take advantage of the 3 month free trial: https://dabprotects.com/products/small-fam-subscription
Michael 11:11 PM 01-07-2019
Those of you on our products panel that received your DAB sample, please fill out the survey and email it to me at director@daycare.com

Since flu season is upon us, I wonder if it helped any of those that used the product. I've used it every day and have not gotten sick so far. It dries well and my hands feel like nothing is on them. I like the product.
Tags:dab, hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer - dab, product feedback, product panel, product reviews, sanitizer
Reply Up