Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You're Tweet Valentine!
Jo123ABC 08:20 PM 02-04-2019
Hey everyone!

I'm excited about my valentine projects this year and want to share! Tell me about yours too! The reason I'm actually excited about my crafts this year is because I decided to avoid paint I don't know about you ladies and gents but painting is such a pain in the a.. for me. They fight, won't sit, eat it, pester each other, all demand my attention at the same time, babies get restless, prep is too long (trying to protect clothes, pull up hair), etc. I like to just let them free paint rather than try to do a project and I'd rather do it when I don't have all 7 present

Anyway! My projects this love season are:

"Love bug" pom pom key chains

Cut out cookies with sugar sprinkles (I learned my lesson with frosting... Finally!)

Bird seed heart cutouts

Pink playdoh.. maybe try glitter in it this time?

Simple cardstock "heart" valentine cards with markers and foil stickers... Maybe pre-glittered glitter glue if they don't get too crazy on me!
Attached: Screenshot_20190204-220717.jpg (260.2 KB) Screenshot_20190204-220559.png (609.9 KB) Screenshot_20190204-220111.jpg (220.6 KB) 
DaveA 05:11 AM 02-05-2019
I really don't do Valentine's Day crafts with DCKs. But those are cool looking.
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
Hey everyone!

I'm excited about my valentine projects this year and want to share! Tell me about yours too! The reason I'm actually excited about my crafts this year is because I decided to avoid paint I don't know about you ladies and gents but painting is such a pain in the a.. for me. They fight, won't sit, eat it, pester each other, all demand my attention at the same time, babies get restless, prep is too long (trying to protect clothes, pull up hair), etc. I like to just let them free paint rather than try to do a project and I'd rather do it when I don't have all 7 present

Anyway! My projects this love season are:

"Love bug" pom pom key chains

Cut out cookies with sugar sprinkles (I learned my lesson with frosting... Finally!)

Bird seed heart cutouts

Pink playdoh.. maybe try glitter in it this time?

Simple cardstock "heart" valentine cards with markers and foil stickers... Maybe pre-glittered glitter glue if they don't get too crazy on me!
Super cute ideas!! Would love to see how they turn out!
I love the birdseed hearts!! I have some store bought seed feeders that are similar and the birds at our house go crazy for them!

As for crafts/activities here, I don't do any crafts or celebrations with the kids for Valentine's Day either.

We focus on the color red and the heart shape but that's about it as far as it goes. I think "kind" is our character word that week.

I heard Cat Herder is having strawberries and cheesecake so depending on the weather I might just be knocking on her door that day.
Kimskiddos 06:34 AM 02-05-2019
I have a group of 2 and unders. Not many crafts are getting done here. Mess? Yes, plenty of that.

We will for sure make the heart window cards. So they can have a card to give Mom and Dad. Kiddos love sticking stuff to contact paper.

If I feel like it we will do the salt dough. Not sure my best friend is turning 50 on the 15th and I am throwing her a party on a friends houseboat. So not only do I have to cook for about 15 people, but have to travel with said food and decorations out to the lake. She wants a dog theme and I admit I'm having a ball with it. I can go overboard on that kind of stuff from time to time. Who knew how many drinks and shots you can find with dog names.
Attached: I love you to pieces.jpg (57.4 KB) thumb body.jpg (78.0 KB) 
storybookending 07:41 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I have a group of 2 and unders. Not many crafts are getting done here. Mess? Yes, plenty of that.

We will for sure make the heart window cards. So they can have a card to give Mom and Dad. Kiddos love sticking stuff to contact paper.

If I feel like it we will do the salt dough. Not sure my best friend is turning 50 on the 15th and I am throwing her a party on a friends houseboat. So not only do I have to cook for about 15 people, but have to travel with said food and decorations out to the lake. She wants a dog theme and I admit I'm having a ball with it. I can go overboard on that kind of stuff from time to time. Who knew how many drinks and shots you can find with dog names.
I like the Valentine with the ripped paper. I have never used contact paper before. Do you just have them stick stuff to it and then put another peice over the top and then cut into the shape of a heart?
Josiegirl 09:25 AM 02-05-2019
I'm just cutting big heart shapes out of paper and letting the dcks paint them. I also am cutting the inside of a paper plate out in the shape of a heart, then put the contact paper on the back with the sticky side facing the kids. Let them sprinkle on red sprinkles, use heart stickers, and I have some pretty strips of patterned red papers that I'll cut down for them to use too; plus whatever else I can find around here.
I was going to buy them each a book but am feeling a bit thrifty(cheap) and am going to melt different color crayons into circle shapes for cookie crayons. I didn't want to buy them a bunch of candy. The ones who do eat sweets already get plenty and the ones who don't....well no point in just letting it get thrown away. I might go to the Dollar Store and pick up some packs of stickers too.

I love the bird seed feeders but 1 review mentioned that if you don't give them out within a few days, they might get moldy. Maybe we'll make them here someday and hang them outdoors.
Kimskiddos 09:42 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I like the Valentine with the ripped paper. I have never used contact paper before. Do you just have them stick stuff to it and then put another peice over the top and then cut into the shape of a heart?
Tape it sticky side up to table then cover with another piece of contact paper once kiddo is done. Trim to fit into the card. Making it heart shaped would be cute taped to the inside.
storybookending 10:46 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Tape it sticky side up to table then cover with another piece of contact paper once kiddo is done. Trim to fit into the card. Making it heart shaped would be cute taped to the inside.
Thanks I think we will try this! Seems simple enough!
Jo123ABC 11:57 AM 02-05-2019
Gifting cookie crayons is a good idea! I end up with lots of crayon stubs so it would be a good way to use em up! I try to keep it cheap and do little non candy gift bags. This year I'm sticking a few cheap valentine novelty toys in there (little duckies, Slinky, scented pens) and either a juice box or animal crackers or some
kind of inexpensive individually packed snack. Last year I made robot juice boxes with mini raisin boxes for feet and an applesauce for the head. Those were pretty neat
Tags:valentine, valentines day, valentines gift ideas
Reply Up