Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Do I Qualify for Unemployment
Second Home 07:20 AM 04-27-2020
When schools closed I lost all 5 of my daycare families .I had zero income for 2 weeks . I then became an emergency care provider through the state of MD . But I only have one child enrolled.
I do have a loss of income from the 5 families leaving despite the one family now enrolled .

The state is giving providers grants to the providers who are still open.
Do you need to include the amount of the grants in your income to decide if you qualify for unemployment due to income loss?
TomCopeland 07:52 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Second Home:
When schools closed I lost all 5 of my daycare families .I had zero income for 2 weeks . I then became an emergency care provider through the state of MD . But I only have one child enrolled.
I do have a loss of income from the 5 families leaving despite the one family now enrolled .

The state is giving providers grants to the providers who are still open.
Do you need to include the amount of the grants in your income to decide if you qualify for unemployment due to income loss?
Each state will have a different answer to this question. Some states would require you to report this as income. Others don't. Some states ask you to report your net income rather than your gross income. In that case, you could report expenses for items you purchased with the grant as well as other expenses.
Second Home 12:24 PM 04-30-2020
Thank you
Tags:covid-19, unemployment compensation
Reply Up