Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pole Barn Converted Into Childcare Center
Ac114 06:09 AM 03-15-2018
Hi all! If I was to convert a pole barn into my childcare area would this still be considered an in home care? I am not finding anything online. I live in the state of Ohio btw. I am unlicensed and can have 6 children under the age of 5 (including my own children) I would like to convert our pole barn into the daycare but I don’t know if that changes it to a daycare center since I don’t dwell in that location. I believe you have to have a masters degree to own a daycare center in the state of Ohio, which is something I do not have.
Pandaluver21 02:29 PM 03-15-2018
I am not sure what the rules are in your state, but here (colorado) the building you provide care in needs to be attached to your home. We are trying to get our un-attached garage approved and are having a VERY hard time going through the appeal process.
DaveA 03:23 AM 03-16-2018
In IL it's the same way- it has to be part of your actual house and not another building on your property. They would count it as a daycare center.
Cat Herder 04:41 AM 03-16-2018
It is the same here, must be attached to your home. That is also part of the reason they search my barn and shed during inspections. Too many people were caught warehousing kids.
Tags:barns, daycare barn, warehousing
Reply Up