Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Aid and CPR
kchbmw 04:20 AM 01-18-2012
Anyone ever used an online course for certification in Adult, Child and Infant CPR and First Aid? If so, which website is acceptable. I found several that will do it online. My licensing agent just told me my husband has to have this before Jan. 31. He has it already because he coaches and teaches PE but that one is not appropriate for childcare. He doesnt work at the center but is listed as an owner. So she says he must have it before I can go from a TEMP to Regular license. Please help someone. Thanks.
MissAnn 04:51 AM 01-18-2012
I did online....but I still had to go into WeRCPR to take the tests
small_steps 04:55 AM 01-18-2012
I would go with the AHA or the Red Cross if they have an online CPR class.
Cat Herder 05:31 AM 01-18-2012
AHA is my first choice.
badams 05:59 AM 01-18-2012
I was just certified by AHA. I paid for the classroom First Aid and CPR course, but they offered the online route since they didn't get enough students signed up for the classroom session. All I had to do was go through the online material and go to an instructor to do a skills demonstration test.
PitterPatter 06:40 AM 01-18-2012
I usually us Red cross but I take an 8 hr class in the actual office. Here as of last year we are not permitted to have trainings done online anymore. We have to attend the actual class and participate hands on. We were told no online courses/certificates would be accepted. Just a thought maybe you should double check your state so you don't waste time or money and have to repeat.
MyAngels 09:21 AM 01-18-2012
I did the AHA class online last time, and had to meet with an instructor for the skills demonstration. It was easier that way and cheaper than the Red Cross.

I've also done the challenge session at the Red Cross. My Red Cross chapter will let you do a challenge session whether you are currently certified or not, but not all of them will do it that way.
Tags:care courses, cpr, cpr - aha, cpr - red cross, first aid, training
Reply Up