Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Day Care Insurance?
themoorethemerrier 07:15 PM 10-13-2011
I was recommended to get dc insurance. So, I'm looking into it. Here are my (some semi-related) questions!

Do you have any? Ever known anyone that was caught up in a situation that did or should have had it?

(If you don't mind...) what's the monthly premium?

I see on the insurers website that excludes coverage on our dog if we don't keep her separate, which I understand because I've heard the horror stories. What do you do with your pets during dk?
KBCsMommy 07:36 PM 10-13-2011
My dc insurance doesnt limit where the dog has to be, they just dont want certain breeds to be in the household. We have an english mastiff, she stays in the house but I have baby gates up to seperate living and daycare areas.
Shes great with the kids but she always licks them if they get to close!!
dave4him 11:45 PM 10-13-2011
I still need to look into getting some insurance but am curious as well. Our current home owners insurance company who does our cars as well seemed to get nervous when i asked about having a daycare in the home and didnt give me any rates.... we got into a car accident Sunday and i have heard more from Farmers which is the other party who was at fault, then i have my own company. Im thinking of switching to Farmers and seeing how much it would cost with them. If i get a whole lot more kids and more equipment then i might need to get the insurance.
beachgrl 04:34 AM 10-14-2011
I haven't hadvthe extra $ to get mine yet butbi want to have it just in case, it wasn't too bad price wise around $200 year I think but we have to pay it all at once w the companybthat does our homeowners, not sure what others get ratewise from other ins co
permanentvacation 10:08 AM 10-14-2011
You can try www.afds.com for insurance.

If you are doing daycare out of your home, many homeowners insurance policies offer a rider for home daycare.
Sprouts 12:09 AM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
You can try www.afds.com for insurance.

If you are doing daycare out of your home, many homeowners insurance policies offer a rider for home daycare.
Do you use this insurance? I just signed up for a qoute
Tags:insurance
Reply Up