Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Nice!
JaydensMommy 09:22 AM 08-05-2011
So yesterday one of my dcm let me know she was running late and would be about 30 minutes late to pick up her kids. It was way before my closing time so not a problem. She offered to pay me at pick-up, I told her not to worry about it since it was only 30 minutes. She said she felt like she owed me something. So today at drop off she walks in and hands me a gift card for Panera Bread. She told me Thank-you for yesterday and that she really appreciates my help. I LOVE her. All my parents are great, but she's definitely my favorite. I don't mind helping someone out when I know they appreciate it.
mom2many 09:33 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
So yesterday one of my dcm let me know she was running late and would be about 30 minutes late to pick up her kids. It was way before my closing time so not a problem. She offered to pay me at pick-up, I told her not to worry about it since it was only 30 minutes. She said she felt like she owed me something. So today at drop off she walks in and hands me a gift card for Panera Bread. She told me Thank-you for yesterday and that she really appreciates my help. I LOVE her. All my parents are great, but she's definitely my favorite. I don't mind helping someone out when I know they appreciate it.
It's so nice when you have parents like this acknowledge their appreciation! It always makes my heart smile! I have several DCPs like this and it definitely helps balance out any irritations that come my way!
CheekyChick 09:47 AM 08-05-2011
That was so sweet. I'm sure that made your day!!!

I would be considered overly lax compared to some on this site. I've never charged a late fee. If I have an opening and a parent needs an extra day - I tell them, "It's my pleasure" and rarely charge them. If someone is late, I say, "No problem." I make it as easy as I possibly can for my parents.

It's nice because I get paid back with gratitude. My parents have given me oodles of gifts, gift cards, spa certificates, sweet notes, etc. As I've mentioned before, when I redid my backyard, I recieved over $1,000.00 in donations from my parents.

I might be a pushover at times, but I've always felt a little kindness and understanding goes a long way.
Christian Mother 12:18 PM 08-05-2011
That was soooo sweet!! That put a smile on my face and it didn't even happen to me!! Doesn't it feel so goooood to be appreciate and loved...What a wonderful thing on the last day of the week. LOVE IT!! Def. beats my day...lol...I need a hug.
JaydensMommy 12:33 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
That was soooo sweet!! That put a smile on my face and it didn't even happen to me!! Doesn't it feel so goooood to be appreciate and loved...What a wonderful thing on the last day of the week. LOVE IT!! Def. beats my day...lol...I need a hug.
Yes it really was a great way to end my week, since it wasn't going so well. It feels great to know that parents Appreciate what you do and especially when you take time to do them a favor. And I'm sorry that your day is not going well, I read your post, that lady is the crazy one! Hope your day gets better and just remember it's Friday!!
PitterPatter 12:39 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
Now THAT is the kind of parent I want! Who feels like they SHOULD be there on time and offers to pay the fee. I don't charge most of the time anyway but I would love to have this client!! She must be a wonderful lady! I'm glad u have a good one!
Tags:gift, great parents, nice - parents, parents - that are great, positive, wonderful family
Reply Up