Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Referral Incentive?
butterfly 06:40 AM 11-22-2013
Do you offer anything to your existing families for referrals?

I'm not in need to fill any spots. I have spots open and I actually like it this way. I don't advertise and most all of my enrollments have been referrals from existing families.

I make sure that I always write them a thank you note and give them a small gift (chocolates or coffee gift card or something), but I was wondering if it wouldn't mean more to them to get a break on their tuition fees. But how much is acceptable?

Then I wonder if feelings will be hurt if I start this now, when I haven't done it in the past...

What if the new clients don't end up working out? Do you wait a certain number of weeks before "rewarding" the referring family?

Also I have my old families "grandfathered in" at a much lower rate... so in a way they are already getting a deal...

Maybe it's just the holiday season inspiring me to be more generous...

What are your thoughts?
MarinaVanessa 06:51 AM 11-22-2013
I have always had a referral incentive so my clients have always known that I do them however I don't think that anyone's feelings would get hurt if you offer one now and the clients that referred clients to you already didn't get one. If you think they will you can always give them the incentive but I really don't feel that it's necessary.

My incentive is a $50 discount from one week's fee's if they refer a client to me that signs up for full-time. They get it after the client has been with me for four weeks.

"Referrals from current clients are the biggest compliments that we can receive. As a thank you we offer our families a discount of $50.00 off of a weeks’ tuition payment for each referral that enrolls as a regular full-time client. The amount will be deducted from the next invoice due after the referral has attended for four consecutive weeks."
crazydaycarelady 07:21 AM 11-22-2013
I have it in my parent handbook. If they refer a client to me they get a one time tuition discount.
butterfly 07:23 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have it in my parent handbook. If they refer a client to me they get a one time tuition discount.
Can I ask how much you offer?
butterfly 07:24 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have always had a referral incentive so my clients have always known that I do them however I don't think that anyone's feelings would get hurt if you offer one now and the clients that referred clients to you already didn't get one. If you think they will you can always give them the incentive but I really don't feel that it's necessary.

My incentive is a $50 discount from one week's fee's if they refer a client to me that signs up for full-time. They get it after the client has been with me for four weeks.

"Referrals from current clients are the biggest compliments that we can receive. As a thank you we offer our families a discount of $50.00 off of a weeks’ tuition payment for each referral that enrolls as a regular full-time client. The amount will be deducted from the next invoice due after the referral has attended for four consecutive weeks."
Thank you!
daycare 07:44 AM 11-22-2013
I have a referral program and here is how I do it.

FT referral $100 after new client has completed 90 days of care
PT referral up to $50, depending on how many days they sign up for, after 90 days of care.

Client that gives the referral understands that I can not guarantee the spot to their referral, they must be a good fit for our program.

A few things to think about.

Be certain that the families giving the referral business understands the above. I had one client who was sending me these crazy parents and then she would get upset at me because I would not take them on.

As many of up know, there's always a reason for a rule in our book....lol
butterfly 08:07 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have a referral program and here is how I do it.

FT referral $100 after new client has completed 90 days of care
PT referral up to $50, depending on how many days they sign up for, after 90 days of care.

Client that gives the referral understands that I can not guarantee the spot to their referral, they must be a good fit for our program.

A few things to think about.

Be certain that the families giving the referral business understands the above. I had one client who was sending me these crazy parents and then she would get upset at me because I would not take them on.

As many of up know, there's always a reason for a rule in our book....lol
That's a very good point and part of the reason that I haven't had anything official about it in my handbook. I didn't want it to come back to bite me later. I probably wouldn't even be worrying about it now either, except that I had a parent tell me that they gave my information to another family and kindof asked in a round about way if they would get anything in return. I just ignored the comment and went off to take care of a child's need.
jojosmommy 10:26 AM 11-22-2013
In the past I have dropped off a pie at the house of a friend who referred a client my way. But for current families I give a week free tuition. Ive only done it a few times, for my best clients of course
butterfly 02:32 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
In the past I have dropped off a pie at the house of a friend who referred a client my way. But for current families I give a week free tuition. Ive only done it a few times, for my best clients of course
Thank you!
Meeko 06:40 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

I offer exactly the same deal.
Lil'DinoEggs 02:57 AM 11-23-2013
I do a reward for full time only and if they stay past the two week trial period. The referring family gets one weeks tution.
Reply Up