Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Foot and Mouth Disease
Unregistered 10:27 AM 05-30-2017
I believe one of my DCK has HFM (although Im sure they will try to explain another reason for the marks on their childs hands, feet and lip) The parents are on their way now because the child has a fever but im going to bring up HFM. How long should the child stay out of daycare if they have HFM? Anyone have experience with this?
Ariana 10:47 AM 05-30-2017
I exclude for symptoms. So an unexplained rash means they are excluded until the rash is gone. If they get a medical diagnosis of something then I will allow them back when I feel they are no longer contagious. A lot of these types of viruses are contagious long before the rash develops so excluding them doesn't help a whole lot but I do not want to take care of a sick, rashy kid!
Laurie 11:06 AM 05-30-2017
Here's a PDF that explains everything about It..

http://www.healthychildcare.org/PDF/...3_HandFoot.pdf
renodeb 02:52 PM 05-30-2017
Yes unfortunately, it has gone through my dc twice. First time was just a very mild one and the second time it got 2 of my kids bad. I had them stay home until the sores around there mouths etc where all healed over. I don't trust that doctors give the right advice when it comes to HFM.
The child that got it the worst, mom kept texting me pictures of his sores saying that the doctor said he could return but I stuck to my guns.
lovemydaycare0912 06:14 PM 05-30-2017
I don't play with HIM. Child came last Monday with 2 on tongue. I excluded for entire week. He came back today. Doctor said he could have came back on Thursday and I said absolutely not. I myself had HTM 3 years ago when I worked at a center. I take it very seriously. Automatic 5 day exclusion or as many days until all blisters scab over. Whichever is longer.

Sam wasn't too happy with me but I didn't care. My health and my dcks health comes first!
Tags:foot and mouth
Reply Up