Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reducing Hours and Explanation
Ac114 06:51 AM 03-16-2020
I am wanting to reduce my hours for the next few weeks while school is out of session and parents are off work. Right now my hours are 7:00am-5:30pm. Everyone who is actually working is gone by 4:15. The 2 parents that are off work because the virus leave their kids until the very last minute. I don’t believe I should be staying open just so they don’t have to parent. My children are school aged and still have online classes that I obviously need to help with along with everyone’s anxiety being at an all time high, I just want to work for the amount that’s needed of me and no more. I need help with a professional, nice explanation to send out to my parents.
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 03-16-2020
This is what I've sent out to parents. I have no problem providing services to parents when needed but I refuse to be taken advantage of because some one doesn't want to parent. I filled in the hours FOR parents that I am willing to provide care and didn't even ask.

I figure this really is up to me not them so this might be a good way for you to do it too....

Dear Parents

Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 virus, child care services will be provided to parents ONLY during working hours. Reducing the number of hours in care helps reduce contact with others and in turn helps everyone in the long run.

At this time I will provide care for your family ONLY during the hours listed below. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this temporary policy and any parent leaving their child in care when not working may be subject to immediate loss of services.

Thank you for doing your part in this time of uncertainty for all.

Care hours for your family will be available from _______a.m. to _______p.m. ONLY.

Thank you

Provider"

Tags:coronavirus, covid-19, covid-19 - sample letter, hours - shortened, illness policy, letter sample - shorter hours, letter samples, reducing hours
Reply Up