Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Holidays Do You Close On?
Arayas 08:45 AM 12-15-2009
I'm trying to make my list of paid holidays for my contract and I am wondering what days are common to take off. Thank you!
mac60 09:01 AM 12-15-2009
I am closed the following holidays:

HOLIDAYS AND VACATIONS

 I WILL BE CLOSED THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:

 New Years Day (or whatever day is celebrated if falls on a weekend day)
 Memorial Day
 July 4 th (or whatever day is celebrated if falls on a weekend day)
 Labor Day
 Thanksgiving and Friday after
 December 24, 25, 26. (Christmas week is subject to change depending on how many people need childcare that week).

 Payment is expected whether the child is here or not. Sick days, vacations, and holidays listed above are included. This includes Christmas week and Thanksgiving week. This applies to part time children also.

 For example—if your child is normally here Monday-Wednesday-Friday (3 days per week) and 1 of those days is a holiday, payment is expected for 3 days, should you choose to change your days for the week and bring your child Tuesday-Wednesday-Friday, payment would then be expected for 4 days.

Another example—if your child is normally here 3 days per week and one of those days the child is sick, a parent takes a vacation day, or for some other reason does not come, payment is still expected for 3 days.

 I will take 3 weeks vacation through the year. Normally these are taken during the summer, but I reserve the right to take them as needed. There may be times where I will take the vacation days on a Friday or Monday to make a long weekend. I will give you my schedule by April 15 for summer weeks off. I will not charge for my 3 vacation weeks.

 There may be some years I choose to not take 3 weeks vacation off.
jen 09:02 AM 12-15-2009
New Year's Ever
New Year's Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Day after Thanksgiving (no charge)
CHristmas Eve
Christmas Day
tymaboy 09:30 AM 12-15-2009
New Year's Ever
New Year's Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Unregistered 10:01 AM 12-15-2009
I take off Thanksgiving and Christmas without pay. I close early on Christmas Eve, same pay expected.
momma2girls 10:01 AM 12-15-2009
I have the same as tymboy.
originalkat 10:12 AM 12-15-2009
New Year Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
President’s Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Veteran’s Day
Thanksgiving and the day after
Christmas Eve (Close Early)
Christmas Day
momofboys 10:22 AM 12-15-2009
I'm closed the following (all unpaid) but keep in mind I only care for one family & the mom is a teacher so she's off all these days also:

Labor Day
Turkey Day & the day after
December 19 - January 3rd
MLK Day
President's Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
One week in July for our family vacation

Now if I started caring for someone else's kids this would not be so long, I'd likely only be closed on Dec. 24-25 & January 1st for the holiday season.
melissa ann 10:56 AM 12-15-2009
same as tymaboy
Tags:holidays, time off, unpaid
Reply Up