Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paid Holidays 2011
Abigail 11:11 PM 02-12-2011
Are these dates correct?

• New Year’s Day (Saturday January 1, 2011)
• Martin Luther King Day (Monday January 17)
• Good Friday (Friday April 22)
• Memorial Day (Monday May 30)
• Independence Day (Monday July 4)
• Labor Day (Monday September 5)
• Thanksgiving Day and the day after (Thursday-Friday November 24-25)
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Sunday-Monday December 24-25)

What days did you take off for this past New Years since it was Saturday? Do you plan to take Friday and Monday for Christmas or Monday and Tuesday at the end of this year?
momma2girls 11:09 AM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Are these dates correct?

• New Year’s Day (Saturday January 1, 2011)
• Martin Luther King Day (Monday January 17)
• Good Friday (Friday April 22)
• Memorial Day (Monday May 30)
• Independence Day (Monday July 4)
• Labor Day (Monday September 5)
• Thanksgiving Day and the day after (Thursday-Friday November 24-25)
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Sunday-Monday December 24-25)

What days did you take off for this past New Years since it was Saturday? Do you plan to take Friday and Monday for Christmas or Monday and Tuesday at the end of this year?
I would take the Mon. and Tues. as Xmas eve and Xmas Day. Last yr. I took THurs. and Fri. off for these days.
missnikki 11:22 AM 02-13-2011
I am absolutely adamant that I get the following:
-Memorial Day (5/30)
-Independence Day (7/5)
-Labor Day (9/5)
-Veteran's Day (11/11)

over all others.
Without them, you would have none of the commercial, religious, or political holidays.
cillybean83 09:24 AM 02-14-2011
i don't mind keeping the kiddos on holidays, I just take Christmas and Thanksgiving
DCMomOf3 10:23 AM 02-14-2011
If a holiday is a Saturday I take Friday off. If it's a Sunday I take Monday off. If it's a rare instance (like Christmas Eve/Day where it's a Fri/Sat combo) I take Thursday and Friday, and similarly for Sun/Mon combos I take Monday and Tuesday off.
angelpayne24 11:53 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I am absolutely adamant that I get the following:
-Memorial Day (5/30)
-Independence Day (7/5)
-Labor Day (9/5)
-Veteran's Day (11/11)

over all others.
Without them, you would have none of the commercial, religious, or political holidays.
I take these too. My husband is in the military and feel we deserve those days.
K Day care 06:27 AM 12-05-2011
As a licensed home day care provider I do not receive any benefits other than paid Holidays and paid child sick days from the general public and in compliance with accepting state funded child care payments .
I receive
New years Eve
New years Day
Memorial Day
July 4th
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve
Christmas day
And as a benefit if a holiday falls on a saturday or Sunday I reserve the right to take a Friday and or a Monday to observe the Holiday.
I do not take Presidents day off ,Martin luther King jr Day or veterans day off which are also state paid holidays , I do not take paid vacations like some daycare charge for or paid personal days .When it comes to Paid holidays I have some parents I feel think I don't deserve it .I take excellent care of their children and I feel unappreciated like I am not worth a paid holday. I hardly ever take any days off unless absolutely nessesary and if it it is for personal reasons or I take a week family vacation I do no charge , I know the economy is terrible it is way different than when I opened in 1999 back then I would receive very nice gifts at christmas $100 bonuses etc. from parents on top of the paid holiday .Now I do not even receive a card which is fine and I do understand the economic hardship people are having but I feel if you are comfortable having your child in the care of someone and they are doing a good job in taking care of your child and can trust themthey should be worth paid holidays, I provide preschool learning , lots of activities , and provide all food and drink I do give ocassional breaks to parents if they need help , I am not a general babysitter I am a licensed day care business owner just because my business is out of my home does not make me any less of a professional child care provider ,and a holiday pay bonus should be worth the care of a child !!
Tags:christmas day, christmas eve, good friday, holidays, independence day, labor day, martin luther king day, new years day, paid, thanksgiving, time off, vacation
Reply Up