Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Else Do I Need To Cover?
daycare 02:02 PM 06-15-2012
Today I got a phone call for a family needing part time care for their child. I go on with my normal routine of asking questions. The mom informs me that the Nanny would be the one dropping off the child???? OK. My first thought is, if you have a Nanny, why do you need me? Mom tells me they have a small baby at home. Ok I think, maybe they just want to socialize the older one. So we set up an interview.

But then the provider in me gets off the phone and starts thinking OH NO.... This family is going to think that I am their employee and what not like their Nanny. I really really need to make sure that I stress my services, rules and policies and let them know that I am NOT their employee.

Other than the basics, Is there anything else that I should impress upon them that I am not thinking of?
Kiki 02:37 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Ok I think, maybe they just want to socialize the older one.
That might be it actually, they probably want her in a setting that isn't just her and the nanny/baby.
Just make sure you stress with them your policies so they understand them, and it should be fine.
I have a DCG that is part time, she also has a nanny at home, but I think the nanny is more there for when the older brothers get home, and not so much for just her. I haven't had any issues with the mom that I can think of.
Blackcat31 03:34 PM 06-15-2012
I would treat it like any other interested family.

Can I ask you why them having a nanny makes you think they will view you as their employee?

I would think that they are seeking out your services and since you aren't a nanny, they are already aware of the fact that they aren't employing you....I dunno, I guess I always lean towards the positive and only address the negatives if and when they occur.

I think they will probably be just fine for you....you have your bases covered pretty well so I wouldn't worry too much
Abigail 07:30 PM 06-15-2012
so you've never met the actual parents and are going to let this child come to your daycare? How is that possible. Am I confused?
daycare 08:27 PM 06-15-2012
No, we only set up an interview
Tags:parents - ask too much, part time care
Reply Up