Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When A Child's Behavior Is So Bad Others Copy It
momatheart 05:34 PM 04-30-2011
what can be done? Why do children copy this bad behavior? I am thinking they want the attention and that is why they copy this bad behavior. We have 20 kids in our daycare class. These children are 3,4,5. 5 yr olds are not copying this behavior but the younger ones are. If this was my daycare I would have termed this child last year. However, I work in a center and this is not something that is done easily.
cheerfuldom 08:15 PM 04-30-2011
whats the behavior? so you are saying that one kid is showing the other kids bad things to do? are you the only teacher in the classroom?
momatheart 08:26 PM 04-30-2011
Sassing us, kicking toys when redirected or shoving chairs or spitting! No I am not the only teacher in the room. Two of us and 20 kids.
Abigail 09:43 PM 04-30-2011
This happens with some of our three year olds and they all get to take a break and sit on a chair for a few minutes. If it was spitting or throwing a toy at someone they need to apologize after they take a break for a few minutes and if it was something towards the teacher they need to apologize to us. If a child has never done the particular incident before we get down to their level and explain right away that it wasn't okay and give them a warning. These techiniques typically work for our kids. Usually spitting at the table will be copied during lunch and then they take a break or don't get their milk for a few minutes if they can't use their manners. I don't think it's anything too rough and it's not withholding food since they get it back in a few minutes or else they're warned they will not get to finish their drinks if they continue to spit.
Tags:bad behavior, bad influence
Reply Up