Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Reached My Breaking Point Today!
ladybugmom 06:00 PM 06-10-2011
I quit my job. I could not take it anymore. My ex boss who was also my cousin had disrespected me long enough. A child on my class has had scabies for awhile. The mother just found out Wednesday. She also brought him to the daycare knowing that it is contangious. I didn't find out about it from the director until yesterday. I had to ask to find out. She did not tell me to take any precautions nothing,nor did she send out a note to parents. The little boy came back today. The director did not warn me and when I went to her office to inquire about my student because I am responsible for the safety and health of my students and my baby at home she caught an attitiude.

I have had enough of her disrespect and I stood up for myself today. I have reported numerous time to her of a child being sick and she lies and says she does not have the parents number. My own child has a ringworm probably brought home from me. I can't work mewhere where they do not care about the welfare of others and get mad when questioned. Sorry for the rant.
Breezy 06:01 PM 06-10-2011
Sorry to hear!! But it sounds like you did the right thing!
SimpleMom 06:50 PM 06-10-2011
Sorry to hear that as well. It must be the right move. Things should start looking up for you now, right?
ladybugmom 07:28 PM 06-10-2011
Thanks Breezy. Simplemom your comment seems to have some sarcasm in it or maybe its just my rough day.
Kaddidle Care 07:46 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by ladybugmom:
I quit my job. I could not take it anymore. My ex boss who was also my cousin had disrespected me long enough. A child on my class has had scabies for awhile. The mother just found out Wednesday. She also brought him to the daycare knowing that it is contangious. I didn't find out about it from the director until yesterday. I had to ask to find out. She did not tell me to take any precautions nothing,nor did she send out a note to parents. The little boy came back today. The director did not warn me and when I went to her office to inquire about my student because I am responsible for the safety and health of my students and my baby at home she caught an attitiude.

I have had enough of her disrespect and I stood up for myself today. I have reported numerous time to her of a child being sick and she lies and says she does not have the parents number. My own child has a ringworm probably brought home from me. I can't work mewhere where they do not care about the welfare of others and get mad when questioned. Sorry for the rant.
Wow - slick outfit there. No emergency phone contacts for parents and they allow infectious children there? Don't worry, they will probably be shut down soon. That's despicable.

I hope you can find a much better place to work.
ladybugmom 08:27 PM 06-10-2011
Its well on its way. Another worker quit last week. So many things have happened there its crazy. I would never tell a parent to bring their child there.
cyerob 08:50 PM 06-10-2011
Hi ladybugmom, I can feel what you're going through. It's really hard to work with someone who disrespects you, especially if that someone is related to you. Sometimes we just have to step-up the plate and fight for our rights. And you did what's best for you. I hope you'll find a much better job. A job that recognizes your talent and skills because you deserve that.
ladybugmom 11:42 AM 06-11-2011
Thank you so much cyerob. I really want my own daycare or to work with headstart. I don't want to work in a center again. Not if they are all ran like the one I worked for.
Kaddidle Care 02:03 PM 06-11-2011
They don't all run that way - trust me.
Tags:disrespect, job change
Reply Up