Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Any Of Your DCP's Do This?
Stacy214 06:33 PM 06-20-2011
They see their child really loving a certain toy (in your daycare) and then say "Oh, I need to get __Suzie__ one of those"! I am thinking "Noooooo".....please don't! They will be sick of mine in double the time!

Geesh!
Unregistered 07:15 PM 06-20-2011
Yes! I was NOT happy with the Easter bunny this year when dcb received the special fire truck he LOVED to play with here. Not such a favorite now that he has it at home. I don't understand why a parent would do that!
Meyou 02:51 AM 06-21-2011
I find the opposite happens! DCP sees DCG playing with a farm set and says that DCG never touches that toy at home.

I got a second farm set last week this way. DCD said if she plays with it here I might as well have two.
Pammie 04:04 AM 06-21-2011
I'm actually the opposite. If I find a toy that a child loves to play with here so much that they never want to share it - or rarely chooses a different toy to play with, I buy them one of their own:-)

Usually from the thrift store, a garage sale or consignment shop - but it helps that the child then is more willing to share "daycare's toy" when they know they have one of their own at home.
Zoe 07:19 AM 06-21-2011
I worked out of the home before I had a daycare of my own, so I have seen both sides of situations. As a parent, I did this, not thinking about how it affected how my child play with that toy at daycare. I just like to get my children toys and things that they like. It makes sense though!
PitterPatter 08:31 AM 06-21-2011
Utoh! I am guilty of doing that myself!

When a child takes a special interest in a toy here and doesn't have it at home I buy that same toy/set for the child's Christmas or Birthday gift. I would much rather buy them something I know they will love and enjoy playing with than something that may go to waste sitting in a toy box. So far (knock wood) they still have interest in the toys here just maybe not as much. It can also be a benefit so they are more willing to share since they get to play with the same item/set at home.

*I say set because the clipos and bristle type blocks are a huge hit here and almost every child ends up getting a set because they are a fav.
Cat Herder 09:21 AM 06-21-2011
Yep, and they ask me to make a Christmas list for their kid to give to Santa "since you would know best".

I take it as a huge compliment.
jen 09:46 AM 06-21-2011
Providers do it too...for me the big example is Thanksgiving...I used to HATE it when daycare or the schools served a big turkey dinner the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! A big chunk of the excitement that should have been spent with family ended up being with the daycare or school! In our district enough parents complained that they've stopped doing it.
E Daycare 11:25 AM 06-21-2011
I get this all the time!! Parents will want to root through my toys to see what to by "johnny" for his birthday. Ive gotten numerous texts asking where I got such and such and if it was expensive. One dcp even tried to set up their kids room like my daycare room. I even have had delivery/ups guys ask who did my decorating when they come to the front door where my day care room is.

Im flattered and if I see the kids get bored I just "recycle" my toys every few weeks when we do the pammshouse Toy wash. The kids think they are getting new toys since they've been in my basement a month and have forgotten about them and the parents always say "wow, did you buy all new toys this weekend?"

I also get "yeah johnny has that toy and doesnt play with it half as much as he seems to play with it here".
Tags:toys
Reply Up